Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2010 4:04:53 PM EDT
So I don't have the tools, patience, or know-how to install a 1 pc free float rail. I really dont want a drop in rail because I don't like the look of the delta ring. I found a couple of options (Troy MRF-C and Midwest Industries) but was wondering if there were any others I should consider. I know Daniel Defense makes one but looks like it leaves the delta ring. Between Troy and MI, which would you go with? Or if there's another brand you'd go with. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:33:43 PM EDT
my gunsmith charges me 15 bucks or a case of beer to install free floats, check your local fun stores
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:58:39 PM EDT
Samson star series.
Really nice rail.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:43:48 AM EDT
I used a MI 10" 2 piece free float over a low pro gas block. However, it's on the round side, which gave me so problems with the AFG install.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:00:34 AM EDT
I had a Midwest industries pop lose on me in a class. The threads seemed to be bad. I replaced it with a Troy free float two piece and have been really happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:55:17 AM EDT
Just get the Omega Rail...it'll give you a mono top rail and you forget the delta ring is there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:02:30 AM EDT
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

As far as price goes, I think Daniel Defense and Samson were a bit high on my budget. MI was a little cheaper than Troy. I was leaning towards the Troy from the get go and found a good deal on one last night. So looks like I'm good to go. Thanks again!
Top Top