Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:04:19 PM EDT
Looking for some opinions on which 223 Wolf ammo is best for plinking and general reliable shooting? Not looking for superb accuracy, just inexpensive, reliable plinking ammo. Also what are the differences in cases in each derivative and which is more reliable (case wise) I got a couple boxes and shot some last summer and had zero problems but cant remember which derivative it was So which is best?

55 grain FMJBT
62 Grain FMJ
55 Grain HP
62 Grain HP
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
the cheapest
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
the 55gr FMJBT, 62gr FMJ, and 55gr HP all run 100% for me. They're the only kinds I've tried.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]

the cheapest

One is about $105 per 1000 and the other is $115 per 1000, pretty negligble in my opinion

The more i think about it, i think it was the 55 grain HP's. All i know is that it was sweet ammo at a sweet price. What do you guys like?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
55gr FMJ runs great for me.  62 gr HP, does not do nearly as well in my gun or any of my friends AR's.

for my money its 55gr FMJ when i shoot wolf.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
55gr FMJ runs great for me.  62 gr HP, does not do nearly as well in my gun or any of my friends AR's.

for my money its 55gr FMJ when i shoot wolf.

And yet for me 62gr HP is my carbine's preferred load.  Thus, I guess you really have to try em all and see what works for ya!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top