Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 9:45:54 PM EDT
Who makes it?

Would using this in a new DSA foul it up?

All I know is that it feeds like SHIT!!! in a new DSA.

The first 20 rounds went smooth. Then it starting hanging up - fail to feeds on maybe 1/4 rounds after the first mag.

Would the soft point be causing it to be getting hung up? I was using new mags too. I understand new guns with new mags may need a breakin period but would a FMJ have been better?

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The brass is radway green, but the box has me at loss. It may be radway green brass that has been pulled down and reloaded with a soft point, or just radway green commercial ammo.

Chances are that your chamber is still tight, and your gas setting is set to cycle when the rifle is clean and lubed, not once the rifle/chamber starts to foul with bullet sealer.  Try setting the gas system one click lower and see if it clears up the problem.

P.S. You want the rifle to eject the spent brass a good 15', and not just drible out of the rifle.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Something is Fishy about that ammo, the case is Radway Green with the NATO cross, But the Box is HP , Heretnberger Petronen , which is Austrian and one of the Best .308 ammo ever made, But Radway Green is British, i suspect that this is reloaded ammo being passed off as original HP.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't look legit to me either.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Something is Fishy about that ammo, the case is Radway Green with the NATO cross, But the Box is HP , Heretnberger Petronen , which is Austrian and one of the Best .308 ammo ever made, But Radway Green is British, i suspect that this is reloaded ammo being passed off as original HP.
View Quote
Crap.

I bought it from a reputable shop that I've done  of business in the past at.

I want to take the unopened boxes back and get my money back.

Thanks for the answers guys.

Now I just need to get a hold of some GENUINE high-quality ammo. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's right.  That's a hirtenberger logo on the box, but the headstamp is British Radway Green.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
British "Radway Green".

-Troy
View Quote

Its Radway Green!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#8]
That ammo has been around for awhile. Reportedly it's from a Hirt mfg contract for Radway Green that was an overage. The brass was loaded with softpoint bullets and sold on the open market for sporting use. I had 2K I got from SOG around 1995ish. Had no trouble with it. Think I still have a few hundred rounds of it left. Fed fine in all the semi's I shot it through.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That ammo has been around for awhile. Reportedly it's from a Hirt mfg contract for Radway Green that was an overage. The brass was loaded with softpoint bullets and sold on the open market for sporting use. I had 2K I got from SOG around 1995ish. Had no trouble with it. Think I still have a few hundred rounds of it left. Fed fine in all the semi's I shot it through.
View Quote
Really! Thanks for that one. Saved me from going down there and bitching about them trying to pass off some reloads for some genuine HPs. I'd would have made a mighty fine ass of myself.

I guess the problem is what [b]Dano[/b] said then.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top