Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2012 1:18:49 PM EDT
So my girlfriend wants me to build her a ar since shes tired of shooting the one of mine I let her shoot. Well she wants pink furniture on it. I would like to use magpul stuff n ritz dye them pink but from what i have herd u cant get them to come out pink it wont work. So dose anyone know of anyone that sells pink parts. Im looking for a stock pistol grip and rail covers. My other option im thinking is to get them hydro dipped with a urban pink camo but if i do this what is the best color to get the parts in?

Any help would be great
thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would consider only doing the rail covers leave the rest black will look nice with just that extra touch of pink less expensive and less of a pain to sell later.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Krylon a set of furniture.  That way you can easilly change it back when she grows tired of it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Krylon a set of furniture.  That way you can easilly change it back when she grows tired of it.

+1 on this...we used Krylon on my daughters 15/22, I took the original furniture off, and replaced it all with pieces I had that were in need of refinishing.

I did what she wanted lol but it's alot of pink: M4 stock, rail covers, grip, VFG... still cheaper than buying a set or painting up the gun itself. easy to change over later (her new 5.56 middy we're doing for her, she wants FDE)
IMHO
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
People poo poo Tapco, but my daughter wanted PINK.

Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Duracoat FTW

Link Posted: 4/12/2012 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife has been pushing me to build her a pink AR...it's at the point where I'll likely be putting one together for her in the near future. She wants all pink, but I think a pink rail and grip may be enough to make her happy.

The way I look at it, whatever gets her more into shooting is fine by me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Rock River Arms
Search Pink
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#11]
WHY has the term "furniture" been corrupted to apply to stocks etc? It actually has always meant the fittings etc applied to stocks and such. Think sling swivels, patch boxes, forend caps and the like. Do some research, read some OLD informative books and get real. SIGH.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#12]
THIS is your first post? Jeez....
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#13]
It actually gets better. Just been reading that all day and got tweaked. I have been doing guns way too long, about 60 years, and get crotchity at times like Townsend Whelen and Elmer Keith BUT I do have a lot of good knowledge to share. I hope you can forgive my blatant dive in. TY
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a set of Cav arms pink furniture (M4 commercial stock, M4 handguards, A2 pistol grip) that came from my exwife's rifle that I am more than willing to sell. PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Another option if you are buying new parts is Hogue Inc,
They have their "overgrip" parts with pink rubber.
I have seen them on Amazon and I am sure a bunch of other places sell them as well.
-Ryan
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Here is my daughter's AR.  We sprayed the Magpul furniture and rail covers with Krylon Fusion paint, which is made for plastics.  It has held up well to shooting, a year of deer hunting and going in and out of the safes:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top