Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:25 PM EDT
Hello all.  I am new to this board and find it very helpful although I must admit that it give me more questions than answers.  This should go away as I lean more I'm sure.

I would like to get into an AR slowly.  I am considering buying a lower then putting a trigger kit.   I would like it to be around 2 pounds with two stages.   If there is a trigger kit available that allows the user to set the pull, that would be great too.

What options do I have available to me?  If you have web links and cost, please post.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Well whats the rifle for? Are you on a budget?

When you buy a lower parts kits it will come with a hammer and trigger if you wish to just use that for awhile then upgrade. If money isn't an issue and your rifle is going to be a range queen then you might want to look into a Jewel trigger..highly adjustable down to I believe a few ounces if thats what you wish. Another thought would be a Chip Mccormick however I don't think they are adjustable(I could be wrong there)...however from what I hear they are excellent triggers. You might also consider a JP trigger, they are single stage but again from what I hear they are excellent...very smooth. For if you'd like a tougher trigger go with a RRA 2 stage. This one is a RRA tuned by WOA www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=2259

Let me get some links for ya.

JP homepage(just click on rifle parts then triggers): www.jprifles.com/
Chip Mccormick triggers: www.chipmccormickcorp.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CMC&Category_Code=ART15 You'd spend $190.00 if you bought through DPMS(looking in their catalog right now).
Jewel triggers: I don't know what their site is(if they even have one)...give me a moment to see if I can find a link. Alot of places sell them...DPMS being one of the places for $175.00.

Some great sites to buy stuff from would be, www.adcofirearms.com/ they have a good selection nice prices.
For RRA stuff www.ar15sales.com/ is a great place
DPMS has free shipping on orders placed online over 25bucks I believe so you can pick up a few items there www.dpmsinc.com/
Brownells has alot of stuff www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Home/default.aspx
Also all of the companies up at the top by the tabs.

Be sure and check out the Equipment Exchange theres some killer deals to be had there!

Hope that helped ya some.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that.  This will be my first AR type rifle.  I live in CA so will be putting this on a FAB10 that I do not have yet.  Because of the way it has to be loaded, I decided that I want this bad boy to be a target rifle.  I like to have a trigger pull light because I seem to be better with the lighter pull and this will be a range rifle.  I don't know what price range I should be looking at either.  I guess not too expensive (I know relative term).  Somewhere around the $100-150 range maybe?

Thank you for the reply.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh wow...yeah living in Cali DEFINATELY changes things hehe. I'm sure theres some people on this board that could give ya some ideas with a cali build.

I'm not sure if youd be interested or not but as I was skimming through my DPMS magazine and came across a "California Legal" AR. I believe it had a 815 dollar price tag. Just trying to think of some options for ya but maybe you already have most everything ya want...I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds interesting.  Do you have more info on this?  A weblink or something please...  I checked their site but ddn't see anything.  Will try emailing and see hat happens.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#5]
He's probably talking about the single shot DPMS that's legal in Cali. $814.00

Check it out here.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/specialty_rifles.asp
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He's probably talking about the single shot DPMS that's legal in Cali. $814.00

Check it out here.

www.dpmsinc.com/specialty_rifles.asp

Thats the one. Sorry in my magazine thats what they call it...but yeah its the single shot AR a little ways down that page.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top