Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2004 4:11:45 PM EDT
It's a lock for your AR that looks just like a magazine. Bushmaster says they don't carry it anymore. Does anyone know where to get one?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's a lock for your AR that looks just like a magazine. Bushmaster says they don't carry it anymore. Does anyone know where to get one?

That sucks, that's where I always get them. I wonder if they made them, or purchased them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, they were made by Saf-T-Lok and I believe that company is now defunct.  Hopefully, someone will buy the design and start making them again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Huh? They must have just stopped selling it because I just bought one like a month ago...

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just saw it in their new catalog too but on the invoice I received it says "item no longer available". I called them today and they said that they are trying to find another source for them. The representative told me that they don't know of anywhere else that I can get one.

Anyone want to sell theirs?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, they have plastic mag bodies, who do we know who does a lot of plastic for ARs and likes us?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
DPMS has a much superior mag lock.  I don't think it's on their web site, but it works in conjunction with a master lock(pad lock).

It inserts into the mag well, and keeps the rifle from being loaded and even disasembled.  I saw it in a gun rag a while back.

The design is great because you could also run a chain to the pad lock and imobilze the rifle, as well as keep it from being loaded/disasembled.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I could loop a cable lock through the magwell and out of the ejection port, but it's not as clean as a mag-lock.
Speaking of which, GSI have'em for the Springfield XD yet?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Scott, if you're interested I'll sell you mine for...
One milllllllion dollars.

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyones a joker... *sigh*
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top