Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2004 12:50:18 PM EDT
Fulton Armory has them with the large or small pin hole.  Says they are Gi contract.  Anyone know who is making them for Fulton?  They are complete less bolt and carrier for 134.95.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
for 134.95 you're not getting a complete upper.  Just a upper RECEIVER with all the small parts.  You'll still need a gas tube, barrel assembly(somewhat important) and all that good stuff.

And frankly I think Fulton Armory is full of it, read the ad closely and you'll notice it's not GI contract, but rather, GI contract quality  They are uppers assembled from parts, no real GI surplus uppers.

I would go to the EE and check for any surplus M16A1 complete uppers for sale, you'll usually get a better deal.  I think they run somewhere around 300 to 350 or so.

a few online retailers such as CDNN www.cdnninvestments.com also as them, but I would check EE first.

Check this EE ad www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=231424

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
And  if they have a large hole, they sure as hell aren't GI, or even GI spec.  $135 for an A1 type upper? Not at my house. Not when you can go over to the EE section of this site and find 'em for $90-$100, and they're all Colt made GI surp.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And  if they have a large hole, they sure as hell aren't GI, or even GI spec.  $135 for an A1 type upper? Not at my house. Not when you can go over to the EE section of this site and find 'em for $90-$100, and they're all Colt made GI surp.

How often do those come around. I have been looking for an A1 reciever but the one I saw was $160.00.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.buffertech.com/ar15_uppers.htm
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Can anyone with first hand knowledge comment on the bore condition of the "very good condition" uppers? Multiple email requests to Buffertech for this information have gone unanswered. Despite this I may buy one if the feedback from here is good.
TIA
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can anyone with first hand knowledge comment on the bore condition of the "very good condition" uppers? Multiple email requests to Buffertech for this information have gone unanswered. Despite this I may buy one if the feedback from here is good.
TIA

I picked up one and it is good to go.  Onlt a little wear from handling on the exterior.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
TIA

Mine is excellent, but they sold the rest of their stock at Knob Creek and they said they're not expecting any more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Nat & Neural,
Thanks for the responses.
DFB
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How often do those come around. I have been looking for an A1 reciever but the one I saw was $160.00.

Go over to the EE section, under Used Parts, and look for BILLBOs ad. He's got a bunch of A1 type uppers listed.

Haven't dealt w/him personally, but he has an excellent reputation.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top