Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:41:21 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster V-Match which comes with a low profile gas block and I would like to install a standard front sight post/gas block.  I have had trouble finding one of these for purchase and have heard that there are complications with installing one.  Who sells them, and is it any harder to install than any other gas block?

THANKS
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy the standard FSB from anyone selling ARs for the most part, (I'd get one from Bushmaster were it me).

And yes they are and will be more difficult to install than say simply replacing your current low profile gas block w/ a "rail" mounted low profile type and adding the sight to the top of the rail.

mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a big deal to do that, best thing to do would be to send it to ADCO, I think they charge 85? for both the FSB and install.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember who (someone will jump in soon with the answer), but you can get a FSB that uses set screws instead of pins.  

There was someone here selling a jig to make the flats for the set screws.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't remember who (someone will jump in soon with the answer), but you can get a FSB that uses set screws instead of pins.  

ArmaLite sells one.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top