Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2008 4:07:46 AM EDT
I need a wrench to remove and install a 3 prong flash hider. Theres a guy on EE that makes some and sells them. I have e-mailed him twice with no response. Anyone know any other sources ?Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are referring to 45Bravo, give him a little time. He will get back to you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I used a regular Crescent type wrench to remove the last one I did. Are you talking about simply swapping out the birdcage style to a vortex type? Make sure yours isn't welded on first then try a standard wrench(open end) of the right size.

ETA: My bad, I went and looked at my vortex and I see its the round smooth one. When I added this one to my carbine I used vicegrips with the jaws taped up to keep it from marring the finish. Sorry for the first bad info.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I used a regular Crescent type wrench to remove the last one I did. Are you talking about simply swapping out the birdcage style to a vortex type? Make sure yours isn't welded on first then try a standard wrench(open end) of the right size.

A three prong FH doesn't have wrench flats. Thats why you want the special wrench to remove/install them without doing any damage to the FH itself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A three prong FH doesn't have wrench flats. Thats why you want the special wrench to remove/install them without doing any damage to the FH itself.

your right, I slipped on this one and you got me before I corrected it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
You can occasionally pick them up off gunbroker for 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
If you are referring to 45Bravo, give him a little time. He will get back to you.

+1 on 45Bravo.  He provided the wrench that I used to finish up my retro.  He was quick and comm was excellent.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
45Bravo just replied to my e-mail. Payments on the way
Thanks
guys
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#8]
It looks like this.......

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top