Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 4:07:46 AM EDT
I need a wrench to remove and install a 3 prong flash hider. Theres a guy on EE that makes some and sells them. I have e-mailed him twice with no response. Anyone know any other sources ?Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:29:58 AM EDT
If you are referring to 45Bravo, give him a little time. He will get back to you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2008 4:36:22 AM EDT by honorabledog]
I used a regular Crescent type wrench to remove the last one I did. Are you talking about simply swapping out the birdcage style to a vortex type? Make sure yours isn't welded on first then try a standard wrench(open end) of the right size.

ETA: My bad, I went and looked at my vortex and I see its the round smooth one. When I added this one to my carbine I used vicegrips with the jaws taped up to keep it from marring the finish. Sorry for the first bad info.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:34:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By honorabledog:
I used a regular Crescent type wrench to remove the last one I did. Are you talking about simply swapping out the birdcage style to a vortex type? Make sure yours isn't welded on first then try a standard wrench(open end) of the right size.

A three prong FH doesn't have wrench flats. Thats why you want the special wrench to remove/install them without doing any damage to the FH itself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:38:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By crackedcornish:

Originally Posted By honorabledog:

A three prong FH doesn't have wrench flats. Thats why you want the special wrench to remove/install them without doing any damage to the FH itself.

your right, I slipped on this one and you got me before I corrected it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:58:24 AM EDT
You can occasionally pick them up off gunbroker for 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:28:28 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By crackedcornish:
If you are referring to 45Bravo, give him a little time. He will get back to you.

+1 on 45Bravo.  He provided the wrench that I used to finish up my retro.  He was quick and comm was excellent.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:06:50 PM EDT
45Bravo just replied to my e-mail. Payments on the way
Thanks
guys
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 10:02:39 AM EDT
It looks like this.......

Top Top