Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 6:59:11 PM EDT
I'm going to need a lower soon to use on a 7.62x25 project in the near future.  It has to have a 9mm bolt though.  Where can I get a regular low cost lower with a 9mm bolt?  Would like one either w/o a stock or with a cheap M4 collapsible stock to be replaced at a much later date.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
do some homework before you buy anything.
the lower itself is identical to any other ar15 lower, what makes it different is the mag block that is installed in to the mag well which different ones/styles accept different mags.

also the same goes for the bolt
there is the rimfire and pistol caliber forum, go there and read the faq and tacked threads they should explain it better.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Gonna run 7.62 or 223 sabots?  Either way, post pics when you get it up and running!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy on the pistol caliber forum did that.  It used PPsH mags.  I would imagine that 7.62x25 out of a 16" barrel would be a screamer.

Rich
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A guy on the pistol caliber forum did that.  It used PPsH mags.  I would imagine that 7.62x25 out of a 16" barrel would be a screamer.

Rich

yes, people have reported approx. 2100 fps with surplus ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top