Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 7:18:46 AM EDT
Looking to buy some "hand loaded" (Black Hills type) ammo that would show above factory results. I know Remington and Federal produces some but anyone esle?? Also is anyone else shooting a 7mm-08??
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot the 7mm-08 and it hasn't had a round of factory ammo through it. I've reloaded from day one.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow...another 7mm-08 shooter.  I love mine, and have actually had excellent results with the 140 grain Winchester Ballistic Silvertip ammo.  It will shoot 1/2" groups with my BOSS-equipped Browning A-Bolt.  For me, this kind of negates any value in reloading considering I only buy a couple boxes of shells every few years for deer hunting.

The 7mm-08 is the optimal whitetail load where I live - medium sized animals with shots up to 400 yards.  My last two deer were taken at 330 and 375 yards, with both making it no further than 20 yards.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top