Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2003 1:00:57 PM EDT
I stopped by my local "fun store" this afternoon and found an enigma. They have a box of what seems to be GI 30s. BUT---these mags are a light silver I have never seen before. The finish is very different from all other I have seen or used. They are new mags, and they are not refinished. After 10 insertions into a new Bushy---no marks on the mag--not a hint. The surface is much harder than any sheet metal I have seen--and yes I have used "Bird song" and others. There is no info on the mag body, and the base plate has:
CAL. 5.56 MM
Made in USA
The follower is the old black GI, the spring is the old style also. And yes the body and plate are Alum. The owner of the store says he got them 8 or 9 years ago from a factory rep.
What do you all think?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy,
I used the "MATTIES" in NAM, read the post. These are alum GI or better quality, same quality spot welds, and congigurations as in Center 92's. The finished alum body is so hard and slick you could not load without putting the bottom on a table. The only thing a magnet would grab is the spring. I use a dial calp & mic. on the mag wall---it is thinner than a GI mag.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You are correct, I forgot and left that off the post. There is a number on the base plate. This look and feels like one of the best mags I have seen in 40+ years of shooting. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top