Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2003 5:12:46 PM EDT
I have finally come around to the Eotechs and I was going to mount it directly to my flattop and use the ARMS #40 BUIS.  

In this configuration, where does the front sight tower appear in the window of the Holosight.  Bottom third?  half way up?  I hope it doesn't obscure too much of the window

THanks

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
On mine, the front sight is about half way up. A better way to describe it is that the 1 moa dot sits right on or right above the tip of the front site post. I gather from most folks around here that it doesn't bother them. Bugged the heck out of me. I bought a PRI front folding sight and never looked back. With my Aimpoint, the dot is above the front sight. It still bothers me, but not bad enough that I switched to folding front sight.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The EO when mounted properly to the upper reciever rails will put it in the same plane as the rear site to front. ie. you'll be looking directly through the window at the front sight post in the center.  This may be a little high or low but not noticeably so.

When using the EOTECH for CQB (or any scenario really) simply change your cheekweld aim to hold over the dot(front sight post)by looking slightly above your rear sight (if up) and you'll be clear.  But this is not neccesary if you focus on your target.

Once you get used to the reticle you won't really even notice the sight tower.  Focus on your target and the reticle will follow on.

Especially with the EO I have found that the outer ring helps guide your point of aim to the dot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
For visual reference...
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12631[/img]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top