Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/5/2003 3:53:19 AM EST
I was thinking about making a SBR ar15 with silencer in full auto. What I need to know is does each thing need a different stamp. Like $200 for the sbr and then another $200 for the silencer and so on. Or do you get the full auto and it covers the rest? Thanks for any help you can give me. O yea do you need a pre ban to make an SBR?
Thanks Gator
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:35:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 4:37:07 AM EST by 2gun]
i may not be correct on the whole thing but you will proobably get better advice on the full auto forum. anyway here goes. you cannot make a new machine gun unless you are a licensed manufacturer. you need to purchase a pre 1986 machinegun, a rll, or a rdias. this would be one $200.00 tax to the batfe. then your registered legal machinegun is noo lunger subject to the 94 gun control act rather it is subject to the nfa rules so you may have a short barrel on it. the silencer is another controlled component and would cost another $200 tax to the batfe for it. so far you have 400.00 in taxes and you need to live in a state that allows private ownership of full auto weapons. you also need a signoff by a chief law enforcement officer in your area. be aware that any deviation can eliminate your rights to own any weapons and land you in the fed pen for a while, fines may be assessed as well. you may also want to consider just filing for an sbr on your ar15. that will cost $15.00 if i remember correctly and you will need the cleo signoff.in this case i believe you would need to have a preban to place evil features on it take a look at www.subguns.com or sturmghewer for prices on full auto weapons. i'm not an expert so please check the full auto board as well
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:07:52 AM EST
Thanks for the info ! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:04:12 PM EST
If you buy a Full Auto Lower, or convert with a Lightning Link or Registered Drop In Auto Sear, the SBR stamp isn’t required. Full Auto preempts SBR registrations. But you still have to have a tax stamp for the suppressor. The MP5SD uses [b]Two[/b] tax stamps for each machine Transferred; One for the Select-Fire sear, one for its integral suppressor. 2Gun erred, by the way. He got Any Other Weapon – AOW – mixed up with SBR. AOW is $5 to Transfer, but $200 to make. But SBR is still a $200 tax whether it’s Transferred or built. But he was correct about the CLEO – Chief Law Enforcement Officer – signature needed for every Tax Stamp you register for. That can be anywhere from very easy to almost impossible. That part all depends on where you live, your CLEO, and a host of other goodies. The State of Maryland’s State Police preempt any local Police as far as CLEO signoffs, for example. It’s almost easier to buy a Machine Gun in Maryland than it is to buy a pistol. So if you can afford the Full Auto feature and live in a State that permits it, Go For It. This way you can get around an extra SBR tax of $200. The suppressor will still cost $200 Transfer tax. In short: SBR $200 to make or Transfer. Suppressor $200 to make or Transfer Full Auto capable $200 to Transfer, no manufacturing permitted. AOW $5 to Transfer, $200 to make. OK? Or did I cloud things up?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 2:00:53 AM EST
No sounds good ! Thanks! So your saying I need a lot of ink in my pin and a rabbits foot for good luck right ? [ROFL] That's what I like about you guys all ways full of good info! Thanks Gator
Top Top