Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:39:22 PM EDT
I've decided to make a full length rifle handguard fit my 16" Colt heavy barrel upper and to do so I need another stock front sight block and handguard cap. I'm looking to do this as cheap as possible and can't seem to find the sight in stock anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess if it's cheaper to get a low profile gas block, then I can just use my current sight block.

Based on what you guys know and the parts available. What is the cheapest option, 1. cut front sight block and get another front sight block or 2. get a low profile gas block and re-use my front sight?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
bravo company sells the base. You also need the front sight post/spring/detent and maybe other stuff.

This is not a clamp on part, they also sell the pins to drill/ream it, I do not have much knowledge in these parts so maybe someone else can help with your options. I think you also need the right profile barrel.

I think what you are describing is a dissipator setup, right guys?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
bravo company sells the base. You also need the front sight post/spring/detent and maybe other stuff.

This is not a clamp on part, they also sell the pins to drill/ream it, I do not have much knowledge in these parts so maybe someone else can help with your options. I think you also need the right profile barrel.

I think what you are describing is a dissipator setup, right guys?

From my research, yes a dissipator setup.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top