Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2003 2:21:39 PM EDT
I'm looking for a true A1 upper, not the C7 variety with the brass deflector. I do want one with the forward assist, as there are M16 uppers out there without the forward assist.

So, who has them for sale?

JoeLad
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:43:02 PM EDT
Hard to find without the brass deflector - I have seen them for sale on ebay also somtimes sarcoinc.com has them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:49:11 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cdnninvestments.com/aftermarket.html[/url] CDNN has new A1 uppers, you will also notice they have new A1 buttstocks and new M16 bolt/carrier groups individually for sale as well. The rumor is, some unissued A1's were surplused, the lower receivers cut, and the rest of the parts were parted out by CDNN. I have bought one of the bolt groups and it showed very slight wear, basically the wear one would expect on a new, test fired rifle. Not sure if these have shell deflectors or not, but I believe they are true M16A1 uppers. The uppers don't come with the bolt/carrier or the charging handle. If you scroll a little farther down the page, I think you will find the missing charging handles.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:53:35 AM EDT
If you want the complete uppers, go to Kiesler's. They have complete uppers for $500 and the new stocks for $50 also. These come with the charging handle and a FA bolt/bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:23:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies. I did order a complete A1 upper and A1 buttstock from CDNN yesterday. I did find a few places with uppers, but I was tring to beat CDNN's price. I think I can if I can get an upper form Sarco. JoeLad
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:21:58 AM EDT
JoeLad, check your email. uxb
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:55:39 AM EDT
Hoplite and other businesses have them advertised in Shotgun news. One vendor is advertising NOS Vietnam-era A1 Colt uppers for $499. But seriously, go look on eBay! I've gotten some A1 stuff there, most is Colt but I did pick up one M16A1 upper receiver made by Martin Marrieta, probably during the GM/H&R contract days? Also, there are a lot of Colt AR-15A2 uppers out there, with both large and small hole A1 and A2 receivers and barrels of both "government" and heavy profiles. The A1 stuff (and now A2 as well) is selling cheap right now since it seems like everybody is "upgrading" to M4 type uppers. I'd never have believed that we'd be seeing fashion trends in "assault" weapons? You can surf until you find exactly what you want, then bid only what you're willing to spend. I recently picked up a complete A2 uper mf'd by FN, so bargains are out there. One piece of advice for eBay: Ask the seller for a 3-day inspection period in case the item isn't what you wanted or as advertised, but most allow that anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:07:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By glklvr: If you want the complete uppers, go to Kiesler's. They have complete uppers for $500 and the new stocks for $50 also. These come with the charging handle and a FA bolt/bolt carrier.
View Quote
I'm not familiar with Kiesler's - but I'm always happy to find a new source. Can you provide the web address or contact information for them?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2003 1:34:55 PM EDT by Parrandero]
Originally Posted By Booth:
Originally Posted By glklvr: If you want the complete uppers, go to Kiesler's. They have complete uppers for $500 and the new stocks for $50 also. These come with the charging handle and a FA bolt/bolt carrier.
View Quote
I'm not familiar with Kiesler's - but I'm always happy to find a new source. Can you provide the web address or contact information for them?
View Quote
www.kieslersonline.com 1-800-543-7537
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2003 7:51:29 AM EDT by Big-Bore]
I live within a few miles of Kieslers and they are up-right folks. They may not always have the best prices, but they are very knowledgeable about what they sell and will answer any questions. They have a lot more stuff in the store than they do on-line so if you don't see what you want, give them a call. Also, once you get to be a regular customer, marked prices don't mean squat. I haven't paid tag price in over ten years so it really does pay to be a repeat customer, especially if you develope a relationship with a particular salesman. Wes Kiesler, Steven (retail sales manager), Perry, Wes, Chris, Mike, Mike, Dee-Dee, Kevin, Bob, Dave, Josh, and several more that I cannot remember their names (and these people are just who work in retail), will either answer your questions or find the answers for you. They are not a small shop as most of their business is military and police sales, being the third largest police supplier in the nation. Only a very small part of their business is retail sales. Also, if in the Louisville KY area, tune in to Insight Channel 2 for [url=http://www.shootingsportstv.com/]Kiesler's Shooting Sports[/url]. They air several times a week, same show airs for one month.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:26:36 AM EDT
Try fulton armory. They have done good work for me in the past.
Top Top