Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:08:18 PM EDT
The only date stamps that I've seen on a USGI magazine has been on the floor plate. Are the date of manufacture marked anywhere insdide the magzine body or something? Just trying to find out if some supposed pre ban magazines that I have found are really pre ban. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
all of the post 94 USGI M16 mags I have seen have the month and year stamped on the mag  body itself along the side.......ie 4/99 with a floor plate that says  LEO/ EXPORT/ MILITARY USE ONLY.

on the ones made before 94, there is nothing indicating when they were made on the mag itself, just the wrapper if they are brand new

you might want to look real hard along the side of the mag near the back, as some of the unscrupulous dealers during the time, replaced the floor plate with blank ones and filled it the date stamp with bondo and tried to match the finish, some were done pretty bad, others done good . I have seen quite a few of those at the local shows when the 94 AW ban was in place

unless you live in one of the states that have a state AW ban law, I wouldn't worry about it, as the ban is dead
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If you look inside the mag, right above the floorplate area, there might be some markings in there. Usually, there will be a letter and a number and then two numbers together. I don't know if they did this before the AWB, but the mags I have that are date-marked during the AWB have the numbers on the inside too.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
all of the okay's and centers i have are marked on the side of the mag body, readily visible.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top