Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:13:37 AM EDT
Hey,

I seen posts about the M16 mags made by HK going for as low as $38 each.  I live near Lauer Custom Weaponry and he is charging $65!!!

Can anybody help me with a link to find a fair price on these mags???
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Riding your coat tails...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Shop around.  I have them and they are not what they are made out to be.  Eventually we'll be switching back to USGI alum.  And when they drop the bottoms pop out.  Further they do not fit most web gear because they are longer.

I've shot some full auto with them and to be honest a USGI with a Magpul follower is cheaper and works just as well if not better.  The black finish isn't any more durable either.

If you like the H&K logo, just keep looking you should not pay more than $40.00 bucks or so for them.  At $65 they are a novelty.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Skypilot,

I appreciate your advise...to be honest I haven't even tried the Magpul followers, but I plan to order a few from 44mag.com here this week before the price goes up.

All I have ever used are black followers and green followers and the metal ones on some of the 20 rd mags.  

I am sort of curious about the HK mags, though.  I am a student and can't afford to stock up on HK's even if they are worth it, but I would at least like to try one or two of them just to see how they are.  I had a chance to "fondle" them at LCW and the action of that follower impressed me...it's so smoooooth!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Skypilot....

Where can they be bought for $40.00???
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not try the magazine forum, which is where the other magazine related thread are.  There are a few current HK mag threads going, and you may find they aren't what you think.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#6]
before the ban ended they were around $35
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
For what it is worth the US Gov pays around 33.00 a piece for the maritime and 24 for non-maritime.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen them for around $50 at gun shows.  Some dealer from MN had them... can't remember who but he posts in the MN forum occassionaly.  LCW is a little high priced on some things, but great people to deal with.  I love going there...coolest gun shop ever!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it looks like Cal's has a decent price if you're willing to wait...

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/hk416MAC.htm

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Inferno...

I live in Elk Mound, about 20 mins or so from LCW...

I love shooting the bull with Tom & Greg, but I agree that they can be a little brutal on prices...

Where are you at???
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm up in Superior.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I go to CVTC in Eau Claire...sometimes students come clear from Superior to go to school there...quite a drive...

Too bad...I'm always willing to have a new "Range Buddy" with similar interests...

Are there any good gun shows up that way...Eau Claire area is BONE DRY for gun shows!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I go to CVTC in Eau Claire...sometimes students come clear from Superior to go to school there...quite a drive...

Too bad...I'm always willing to have a new "Range Buddy" with similar interests...

Are there any good gun shows up that way...Eau Claire area is BONE DRY for gun shows!!!

Your best bet for gun shows is the Minneapolis area.  I go down there for the good shows.  Up here it's slim pickings.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top