Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/19/2008 10:20:51 AM EDT
Looking for 5 -7 inches. Would like chrome lined, which rules out the Spikes Tactical ones.

Anyone have any ideas, other than cutting down a 16" barrel?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:56:33 PM EDT
Just a thought, but chrome doesn't do that much for you unless you are shooting corrosive ammo. Even in shooting full-auto, a 9mm doesn't heat up nearly as much as a centerfire, so again you really don't have a problem there.

I've run tens of thousands of rounds through a couple of non-chrome-lined 9mm subguns and have never come close to wearing one out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:56:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:37:42 AM EDT
Give some thought to going with a 10" barrel. There is not much to gain over a standard 9mm pistol other than round capacity. Going with the 10" barrel you gain some extended range ability without giving up too much package size.

Take a look at these barrels. I picked up a couple of them, and I am very pleased with them. They are not a light weight profile, but not much weight to loose in a short barrel.
I am giving thoughts to picking up another, in case I decide to build an SBR.
http://global-tactical.com/bcm109mmnatosubmachinegunbarrel.aspx

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 1:03:19 AM EDT by badazzar15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:54:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By badazzar15:
You going to have a HARD time finding a chrome lined 9mm barrel. Best bet is to find a Colt 10.5" SMG barrel and cut it down.

I agree completely. My 5.5" is an RRA barrel that was hacked off, crowned and threaded by ADCO. Not chrome lined but oh well. I have not had one issue with it and I do not really see the advantage of going with a 10" barrel unless you can build an SBR.

In Washington state, non-class III's cannot own SBR's so I went the pistol route. No regrets what-so-ever.

Next barrel I buy will be from Spike's. I like the idea of 1/2x28 threads as I had a fun time tracking down a nice FH for my 1/2x36.

Finding a 16" Colt barrel would work great for you as well. Next one I build is going to be from a Colt 6340 barrel.

Have fun and good luck!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:32:56 AM EDT
I looked into the Colt barrels the other day. A stripped barrel will set you back $350. Yes that is a barrel exactly like you want, but with Colt name on it for an extra $100. I think those barrels are threaded 1/2x36 as well. So that limits you on flash hiders. I may have to jump on a pair of 16" barrels if someone does not step forward soon.

http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Colt_Rifle_Parts-4-0.html
Top Top