Posted: 11/3/2003 5:32:54 PM EDT
which to avoid, any advice.
-bill
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I got 5 of the SA80 30rd mags from Eagle Firearms.  They all sem to function well, all fit well, and drop free.  The finish is good, and I like the grey color.  I think Eagle is out of them right now, but I got my mags for about $80 bucks.  Also be sur eand check the equipment exchange!

hershey

Also ther are rankings in the Magazine forum at the top.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick to the USGI mags.  Check the Equipment Exchange at the top of the page.  Lots of good deals on mags can be found there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Prices on USGI (aluminum) and SA80 (steel) are really dropping lately, with the uncertainty of the AWB being renewed a lot of dealers are dumping their inventory.  This is good if you need some mags right now, but if you're looking to stockpile them I would wait till the ban goes away and NIW USGIs are $10 each.  I know, I know... but I'm an optimist.

As far as mags go, anything USGI is good, as are the British SA80's.  I have a dozen or so Thermold mags, I've never had a problem with them and they have a good reputation... Just avoid the canadian versions with the maple leaf molded into the side; they were made with an inferior plastic that melts much more readily than the regular thermolds.

Orlites are Isreali mags that are kinda like wolf ammo; some swear by them, others hate 'em.  I think that if you try them and they are reliable in you guns then who cares?  But I wouldn't keep them for my SHTF stash.

And then there's USA brand mags... if they work I say use them for range mags. But do you really want to be seen with them?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top