Anyone know when the old "slip ring" went to the new "delta ring?"

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
when the A2 came out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
NUTS.

I was hoping that wasn't the case.  I have an old slip ring but wouldn't I have to either uninstall the barrel or at least remove the front sight assembly to change the ring?

Nuts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
why would you want to change the ring?  It's not like you're gonna replace your handguards 10 times a day.  Besides a tapered delta ring isn't that much easier on your hand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The only reason I would consider changing the ring is because I'm building a pre-A1 rifle and the delta ring is the wrong part for this piece if it was adopted with the A2 in 1980-something.

Other than that, it works fine and I wouldn't mess with it.  Actually, I probably won't mess with it anyhow, since the barrel and sight assembly are already installed.  

I just wanted to check if I was right about it being incorrect on this rifle.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
if you really want to, you can remove the barrel and then remove the snap ring that holds the weld spring and the delta ring from the barrel nut, and replace it with the correct straight non tapered ring.  CMMG sells them.

I've never changed barrel myself but from what I can see it's not difficult provided that you have the right tools.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top