Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2002 9:49:08 PM EDT
I ordered 10 LEO 30rd mags from Bushy a few weeks back and I finally got them the other day. First thing that I noticed was the finish was different than the mags that came with my rifle. The mags that came with the rifle had more of a sliver luster,I think some type of Teflon coating...maybe Perma Silk? Anyway these mags are marked Bushmaster with the ensignia. Wel the mags that came other the day reminded of the mags that I seen when I was in the Marines, flat grey finish. These mags showed a lot of storage marks in the finish but other than that they appearred to be new. I looked at the bottom of the floor plate and there was no Bushy marking whatsoever, just Hartford and something after it. I can't remember and I don't have the mags with me right now. Anyway the date code is 10/01 on the bodies. Anyone know if these are Colt mags and if so why is Bushy selling them? I expected mags like the ones that came with the rifle but I'm sure they will work just as well. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:56:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:03:25 AM EDT
All the of USGI mags are made by just a few makers. Each of these makers sells their mags to the rifle companies like Colt, Bushmaster, etc. with that company's logo on the floorplate. The makers also sell the exact same mags with their own company logo on the floorplate. In other words you might have a Colt, Bushmaster, and Labelle mag all made by Labelle with the only difference being the logo on the floorplate.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 12:30:03 PM EDT
Top Top