Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 5:06:29 PM EDT
this is one of the things that really annoy me. If I want a A1 style upper I can only choose from a slick side or a Canadian C7 style.

Why doesn't anybody make a REAL A1 upper with the forward assist and WIHOUT a brass deflector?

The Cheat
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You're right, that sucks....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The one bright spot is that, if you hit the gun shows these days you CAN find A1 uppers floating around. With the A2 changeover, GI surp A1 uppers are out there. Got one myself about 1 1/2 years ago, got an Air Force surp slick side small hole awhile back.

While I agree that it's a bit of a pain to scramble around hunting them, I'd rather pay $100-$125 for a top condition Colt GI surp piece, complete w/sights, FA unit and side cover, than give Bushie or DPMS or whoever that or more for a stripped unit [:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the sight is better on the A2 but I really like the look of the A1 better.  I'd like to build a retro gun with all A1 parts but there getting hard to find.   I wish Model 1 would offer the A1 as an option and not just the A2 and A3.  Other then on a varmint gun I can't see any reason for the A3.  I know, I know, it gets you down on the scope better but on a "combat weapon" I want iron sights in case the scope gets messed up.   Anyway, talk at ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have their web address right now, but DPMS makes exactly what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe Brownell's now sells A1 stripped uppers with and without case deflectors,also CDNN and others are now selling complete COLT M16a1 uppers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont know if you would be interested but i may have a A1 Upper pre-ban for sale here soon.

A1 sights, teardrop forward assist, brass deflector, triangler forearm and birdcage Flashhider

I am not sure what its worth right now though

Anyone know what its worth??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top