Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 12:01:00 PM EDT
I would like a single stage trigger with no slack and a 2# letoff.  My 97S has an EoTech sight and most shooting is at "movables" at 100-150 yds.

With the stock trigger, est. at 5-6# pull, with such a light 4 lb. rifle, at touch-off the barrel is pretty near pointed toward the sky (joke).

Who makes a reasonably priced trigger that will work in a Carbon 15 ?  I've had a JARD in a Dissipator and it wasn't bad but there was still a scratchy creep.  Bushmaster has their 2 stager but never tried it.  

Any advice you can give will be greatky appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can stand a 2 stage trigger, I highly recommend the Jewel.  It's not cheap, but it's a superb piece of gear.  You can set both stages as heavy or light as you want.  I have two, one on a Bushmaster I use for IPSC.  I initially had it set too light, and backed off a bit on the second stage for a bit more feel, but still has no creep, and very little resistance.

Which 97s do you have, the PO or BM?  I used to have a PO type 20, but sold it.  Was just curious how well BM fixed the old problems.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the BM 97S with EOTECH, laser, bipod, added sling studs & sling, all Colt factory mags, and recoil pad.  And a couple of scopes I use sometimes.  The first experience was with soft tip ammo and 10 degree weather and too much factory grease on the firing pin. Bummer (my fault). Four FTF's in a row. Primers had indents.  Went home mad, but hopeful.

Second time I used XM193 FMJ's.  No problems, except the removable compensator (balls clip into pockets, like an industrial air hose coupling) must have gotten turned slightly in the carrying case and it got "shot off" (didn't hit the paper).  BM promptly replaced it for free.

Only problem I need to fix is the trigger. It's too heavy (est 6-7 lbs) for such a light rifle. Have a choice of 3. Don't want JARD (too complicated). Jewell sounds great. And there's a self contained modular trigger (forgot name) that comes in one or two stage. Don't really want a two-stage for rapid plinking, etc.  I could be wrong. Have been wrong before.

My modified 10/22 with aluminum fluted barrel, VG bolt, has the best trigger I've ever had at less that 1 lbs with no perceptable movement.  Came from a gunsmith in Florida.  Rifle virtually fires telepathically.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]

And there's a self contained modular trigger (forgot name) that comes in one or two stage. Don't really want a two-stage for rapid plinking, etc. I could be wrong. Have been wrong before.

The modular trigger you're thinking of is the Chip McCormick.  It's pretty new, but early indications are that it's pretty good.  Honestly, I wouldn't count out the two stage, even for rapid plinking.  There's just something nice about letting out the trigger until you hear the *ckick* of the sear engaging, then pulling back a little more for the follow-up shot.  I got really used to this with the awesome (IMO) factory trigger on my SIG P226.  Once I got an AR, I had to get that feeling back!  FWIW, I got the RRA NM trigger, tuned by John at White Oak.  It's the cat's meow!

BoB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top