Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:08:00 PM EDT
I spent all day yesterday trying to find some .225 / 5.56. I had absolutely no luck. I went to 5 gunshops, 3 wal-marts and Bass Pro and they were all sold out. The manager at Bass Pro said they received over 30,000 rounds or .223 and it all sold out in less than a week I got the "we usually have it but we don't now" from everybody else.

Is there someting going on that I haven't been told?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I spent all day yesterday trying to find some .225 / 5.56. I had absolutely no luck. I went to 5 gunshops, 3 wal-marts and Bass Pro and they were all sold out. The manager at Bass Pro said they received over 30,000 rounds or .223 and it all sold out in less than a week I got the "we usually have it but we don't now" from everybody else.

Is there someting going on that I haven't been told?

The are coming.  Didn't you get the memo?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes its been a little hard to come by here as well, a few boxes of the expensive stuff only
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes its been a little hard to come by here as well, a few boxes of the expensive stuff only

+1

best bet is ordering online
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I'll go buy some tonight then, just incase another shortage hits my way.  so far, wally world has it, but i know how quickly that can change...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are interested in buying by the case, you should be able to get some decent range loads from The Hunting Shack (www.thehuntingshack.com). We've been getting a lot of stuff from them lately, as they are one of the few providers that can still handle our bulk orders.

There are some other folks online here that should have some too. Stay tuned as I'm sure they'll be in here shortly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
my brother who is a law enforcement trainer, has been in contact with federal winchester etc for ammo to supply his departments new AR's- when he talked to the winchester rep he said they were back ordered 3 BILLION rounds of m193 type ammo. it apparently has to do with production emphasis on military orders which has required deferring manufacture of 55gr ball.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess I'll go buy some tonight then, just incase another shortage hits my way.  so far, wally world has it, but i know how quickly that can change...

Here I am quoting myself again.  Just went to wally world, they had 7 box of wwb and i bought them.  had a couple of the remington stuff too, but it's too dirty for me.  i only buy that if i have no choice...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
SD,

Where do you live in GA?  My local WalMart (Loganville) has never run out of the Winchester White Box Value Packs.  Every time I go there (every other week) they have it.  Just picked up 400 rounds on Friday.

MadDog
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top