Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
I am tossing up the idea of purchasing a OD green collapsible stock from Vltor. I have seen the classic OD green stock and I have seen some gay lime green stock. WTF, if I order the OD green and get the gay green, I'm gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where did you see lime green Vltor stocks?

Compared to this one (the one I want)

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The darker color is their newer color green. Vltor stated that they had a color change a while back. You are more than likely going to get the darker green.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The darker color is their newer color green. Vltor stated that they had a color change a while back. You are more than likely going to get the darker green.

This is the one currently on there website

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/nortonw/grntan3.jpg

They havent updated their photo.  Their tan isnt that light either.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
That is an old picture. The color change was months ago to maybe even beginning of last year. If you want to order one just ask one of the dealers as I am sure they will remember the lighter color versus the darker one. And by the way, its not lime green in person.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They havent updated their photo.  Their tan isnt that light either.

+1 on that. They now have what they call flat dark earth. The older tan color was meant to be more of a match for the KAC tan panels, from what I was told.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Vltor no longer makes "OD Green" their stocks are now "Foliage Green".  It's the same green used in the new Army's digital uniform.

The Foliage Green is more of a gray green or a sage green, close in color to a nomex flight suit.  I think it blends into most enviornments better than the old OD green.

Tango Down is also making their gear in Foliage Green.

I'm using Vltor's and Tango Down's Foliage Green on a new project, which will be done tomarrow

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Vltor no longer makes "OD Green" their stocks are now "Foliage Green".  It's the same green used in the new Army's digital uniform.

The Foliage Green is more of a gray green or a sage green, close in color to a nomex flight suit.  I think it blends into most enviornments better than the old OD green.

I'm using Vltor's and Tango Down's Foliage Green on a new project, which will be done tomarrow

Is that the one in this picture?

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That pic was taken by Military Moron back in 2004, it shows the old OD green.  I believe that Vltor and Tango Down's OD green have not changed since both companies started offering gear in OD green.

The new color is a gray green.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm using Vltor's and Tango Down's Foliage Green on a new project, which will be done tomorrow

Tease......

Hopefully I'll have pics in the next week or so

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No.  I have the older OD green and it is lighter than my Etrgo grip and Magpul XT rail panel OD green.  That's what is in the pic, the older OD.

TS
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got a Vltor like a month ago and it was almost a smoke green, like USMC03 said, as opposed to OD.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I specified the old OD when I ordered mine from Grant and he had them in stock.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have the old one too, the one you will order will be more grey in color. I think the new color is nicer, but this is an old gun...

Just my opinion but I like this one a lot better than the lighter green
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#19]
There is also a good comparison picture in this thread: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=272947 towards the bottom on the first page.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top