Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:54:36 PM EDT
Been a longtime lurker, finally decided to talk....

Building up a 20 inch Hbar for plinking, and a local dealer turned me on to the Del-ton guys...

I figured now is as good a time as any for info, and THIS is the place...

Opinions? Crap? Just stick with a new Busmaster?
TIA...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard Del-Ton is good enough to be convinced to buy an M4 kit from them for an SBR in the future. But I have no real experience with their products. Their customer service seems really good though. I emailed them a question and recieved a reply in 15-20 mins.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Great company, ordered a rifle kit for my self and a friend through them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a A2 rifle kit.  They sent email that the stocks were back ordered, but if I would wait 2 weeks they'd hold the barrel (going fast) until the stocks came in.  4 weeks later I called.  Stocks were in, but they were now back ordered on barrels.  I cancelled the order.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the Bushmaster.  When you add everything up, plus the cost of shipping, you won't be saving that much money(provided you get chrome lined, which you should). That little extra money will go a long way quality wise with the Bushmaster, IMHO.  Not to mention the resale value will be much higher with a Bushy. Nobody wants a used delton upper unless it's dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get the Bushmaster.  When you add everything up, plus the cost of shipping, you won't be saving that much money(provided you get chrome lined, which you should). That little extra money will go a long way quality wise with the Bushmaster, IMHO.  Not to mention the resale value will be much higher with a Bushy. Nobody wants a used delton upper unless it's dirt cheap.

When I bought mine the rifle w/ stripped lower cost me 550. A similiar Bushmaster from aimsurplus is $800+

So unless you consider $200-250 not much, you are saving.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I bought mine the rifle w/ stripped lower cost me 550. A similiar Bushmaster from aimsurplus is $800+

So unless you consider $200-250 not much, you are saving.

An upper and a stripped lower doesn't make a complete gun. When you add the buttstock assembly, LPK, shipping and transfer, you aren't saving $200-$250.

I just checked out what it would cost for a 20" chrome lined A2 upper with the cheaper Stag complete lower.  The complete gun with the cheapest options comes out to:  $639 plus $16 UPS ground shipping(probably more to TX), PLUS $20-$30 transfer fee = $685

If you get an A3 upper w/ detachable carry handle it comes to $704 plus shipping and transfer. The Bushmaster is worth the extra $100 or so bucks, IMHO.

CU102
20" Custom Upper
Barrels : Wilson Arms 1x9 Chrome Lined
Bolt & Carrier : Standard Bolt & Carrier
Charging Handle : Standard Charging Handle
Detachable Carrying Handle : None
Flash Hiders : A2 Flash Hider
Gas Blocks : Standard A2 Front Sight
Handguards : Standard Handguard
Upper : A2 Upper
$440.00

LR1005
Stag Arms Complete Lower Receiver with Buttstock
Buttstocks : Fixed: A2 Buttstock-Black
Grips : A2 Grip
Lower Parts : Standard Lower Parts Kit
$199.00

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Del-Ton is tops for AR kits/parts

i dont plan on re-selling any of my ARs and i prefer to save money and build my own, so re-sell value is negligible to me

i have one, complete stock gun: Bushmaster--great gun, but for less, i could have built the same from a kit
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys...
I am leaning for a bushmaster 20 inch flat top with a h-bar no hider...

I was trying to save a few bucks, due to fact Im putting a acog on this one, but when it comes down to it my two other bushmaster's have been flawless over the years..

Perhaps Ill try another m4gery upper from del-tone, for another weapon...Price is sure right. My dealer agrees with going del tone, but again. For the $100 more I get bushmaster...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you notice I said RIFLE.

The 16" kit I ordered came with EVERYTHING minus a stripped lower was $455 + 10 shipping.

Also what your adding together is not the rifle kit which comes with all the extra parts(LPK, butt stock etc) you are adding together a upper with a complete lower. Buying the kit and a stripped lower(Guy on here is selling Stag Arms stripped lowers for $85 shipped) is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a complete lower. I had little to no firearms knowledge when I built my first one with the help of the guide on here.

I stand by what I said. $200-250 is a lot of money. The money saved you can get a a case of ammo(or two cases of wolf), or a case of wolf and 10 mags.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:44:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I see what your saying, I added it up as well...
It looks like a heck of a deal, so I might be asking some build questions from ya here real quick.
In the meantime I decided to go with a RR upper. Its a 1/9 Chrome barrel, 20 inch A3, with bolt carrier and assem. It also has a a2 cage on the end of it, which for some reason I didnt want but the price was right on this one so I jumped on it.
Brand new $380

Now for a lower, and searching for a good ACOG..

Thanks again for your help guys!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top