Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 11:07:05 AM EDT
I bought a post ban bushmaster carbine.The rifle had less than 100 rounds thru it.I am having the upper sent to bushmaster to get a new superlight barrel.How much can i sell the 16 inch heavy barrel for?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Used postban, $125-160
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
probably less than that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
There might be an easier and cheaper way to do this.  Send your "postban" barrel (or complete upper) to ADCO, and have them turn it down to a superlight profile.  That's what I did.  

This was a "postban" Bushmaster HBAR that I sent to ADCO.  They threaded the barrel, and turned it down.  IIRC, the total cost was something like $125.  Their turnaround time is usually about a week, and their workmanship is excellent.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
probably less than that.

I sold 3 of them right after the ban ex[ired for $110 each shipped.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There might be an easier and cheaper way to do this.  Send your "postban" barrel (or complete upper) to ADCO, and have them turn it down to a superlight profile.  That's what I did.  

This was a "postban" Bushmaster HBAR that I sent to ADCO.  They threaded the barrel, and turned it down.  IIRC, the total cost was something like $125.  Their turnaround time is usually about a week, and their workmanship is excellent.

Though I do agree that ADCO does great work, this is NOT one of those times I'd suggest profiling.  If you buy the barrel from Bushmaster ($205) they will install it FREE.  Even if he sells his post-ban barrel for $100, that's still only $105 invested, PLUS he'll have the true .625 FSB rather than a .750.

You're on the right track...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top