Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/10/2006 2:32:57 PM EDT
Cant the sight just latch onto the rail? Why are there mounts? I'm a little confused.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:55:06 PM EDT
Yes, the EOTech can be put directly on the flat top. However, this will put your irons in the lower 1/2 of the window. For those who want the irons in the lower 1/3, and a less obstructed view, a mount is necessary such as the RRA Dominator, Larue, etc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:
Yes, the EOTech can be put directly on the flat top. However, this will put your irons in the lower 1/2 of the window. For those who want the irons in the lower 1/3, and a less obstructed view, a mount is necessary such as the RRA Dominator, Larue, etc.

So my best bet would be to buy the site, with the intentions to possibly pick up a mount. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
Mounts also offer a better return to zero.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:56:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tallbill:
So my best bet would be to buy the site, with the intentions to possibly pick up a mount. Thanks!

Absolutely... Buy the sight, mount it to the flat top, and use it for a while first... If you don't like your sights being smack dab in the middle of the EO's window, then get a riser mount.

I don't mind it with a folding rear sight, but with a fixed rear, I HATED it so I bought a Dominator to try out. I like it. The ARFCOM motto... I got both
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:07:37 PM EDT
I don't use riser mounts on any of my Eotechs. I don't mind the front sight but I don't think I could use it with a fixed rear sight, although I haven't tried.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:08:54 PM EDT
You might want to try it directly on your flat top first. My guess is you'll find the front sight is no bother at all. With both eyes open you'll soon forget it's there. I would however suggest you use a folding rear sight.
Top Top