Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:19:34 PM EDT
Whats the average cost to build a AR15 Pistol and what are the parts you need?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Really depends on what you build and how much you do yourself.

Basic all Home built with scrounged parts = cost of receiver,bought parts, and your time.
Buy Lower and ordinary Upper = maybe $650 +

To build just the lower you need  - stripped receiver
                                                 lower parts kit
                                                 buffer tube ,with buffer and spring

And some basic hand tools

For some reason , nobody sells a Low end basic AR pistol currently.
(except for kits)
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shop the EE, you can find some good deals.

I've got the following items to build my pistol so far:
-new blemished Superior Arms lower for $75.00
-slieghtly used (300 rounds) 10.5 barrel assembly for $250.00
-used LMT flat top upper w/ charging handle (and several other items) $150.00
-new ACE pistol buffer tube $45.00
-car buffer $10.00
-rifle buffer spring $8.00
-used armalite fiberglass free float tube $50.00
-I already have an extra FH

Just under $600.00 right now. I still need the following items:
-bolt & bolt carrier  (donated parts are always welcome)  
-lower parts kit   (donated parts are always welcome)  

I think that's it.  Once I have all parts in hand, I'll start building and I'll take pics of the build and post'em here. It's more than I wanted to pay for just a pistol, but this is my first build and I'm learning alot from it.

Gene
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]

The Model 1 Sales pistol kit(includes everything but the stripped lower) is $470.

Look around on the EE, there are pistol uppers for sale from time to time. The Model 1 kits are the most common, and occasionally you can get a good deal on one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
chrome lined model1 kit is $505 and get the superior arms blemished lower reciever for $75 and you have an ar pistol for around 600 after shipping and fees.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
chrome lined model1 kit is $505 and get the superior arms blemished lower reciever for $75 and you have an ar pistol for around 600 after shipping and fees.

+1 for the model 1 kit. i have done a few and they all run great.

eta on griz lowers which are also great.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
When you buy your  receiver do you have to register it as a pistol or rifle at that time?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Read the ATF letter on AR pistols..

You need to make sure the receiver is a virgin.. I know that stripped new Stag lowers are(you can also pay $30 to get a little slip of paper verifying this)..

Then when you get the receiver transfered to you.. your dealer can NOT describe it as a rifle on the 4473.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
there are tacked threads for easier finding
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Read the ATF letter on AR pistols..

You need to make sure the receiver is a virgin.. I know that stripped new Stag lowers are(you can also pay $30 to get a little slip of paper verifying this)..
Then when you get the receiver transfered to you.. your dealer can NOT describe it as a rifle on the 4473.

What is the slip of paper verifying this? Is this just a copy of the 4473?

THANKS
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I was fortunate enough to pick up a Bushmaster Carbon 15 97S at a gun show here in Houston for $725.  Maybe you can find one at a gun show as well if you just wanted one already built. I dunno,  Maybe I just got lucky.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a lower for $110, internal parts kit for $55, ACE SOCOM stock(removed slider and left at friend's house) for $130.   Free spring and buffer from dealer.  Total lower cost for lower assembly was $285.

The upper I got cost $320 and the b/bc/ch was $90.  A total of $410.

All together, $695.  Probably a bit high but I splurged on the buffer tube/ stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top