Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 3:59:14 PM EDT
as above I cant figure out how to keep everything lined up on a new barrel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:13:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 4:15:00 PM EDT by 303_enfield]
This tool is the cats ass!
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_132/1198212_WTS__BRDE_FSB_Installation_Jigs.html

If it is one job, send the barrel out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:48:01 PM EDT
Thanks, for the link to get an idea of the jig to build. Is making a jig the only sure way to do  it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:12:17 PM EDT
What I do to install a FSB on a barrel is assemble the barrel to the upper. I then put the upper on a completed lower.  I take the FSB and put blue locktite on the inside of the bottom of the FSB and slide the FSB onto the barrel.  I then turn the rifle upside down so it is resting on the front and rear sight. I tap the FSB and make sure it is flush with the barrel. I let it dry overnight. I then check the sights to see if there is any degree of misalignment.  If it looks good, I then take it out to my mini mill and clamp the FSB in the vise. I use bubble levels to make sure the rifle is level front to back, and side to side. I drill the holes in the FSB and then ream with a 2.0 taper reamer until the pins fit.  So far I have done about 8 barrels that way without any real alignment issues.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:06:24 PM EDT
You may also want to look at this
Brownells FSB Bench Block
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:29:48 PM EDT
I have some epoxy onsite so I got it assembled coated the ferrules and  slid the sight on slid in a  rifle gas tube and clamped it to the bench  looks pretty damn straight,  I am thinking a few days to totally set up the drill on the drill press from either side.
Thanks for the advice

Top Top