Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2007 3:56:54 PM EDT
Hey i was just wondering which .223 RRA rifle model you guys feel is the best and why
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you ask the question?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My father owns a rra rifle and I must say that it shoots pretty nice, so I'm planning on purchasing my own by January.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Mid-length.  If I ever got a RRA it would be a mid-length.  All the advantages of a 16" barrel with none of the disadvantages of a carbine gas system.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
As I already have one of their .223 models, I think my next one would have to be a middy 9mm. 1/3 the price for ammo and I'm still shooting a gun I love.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 16" mid length Chromoly which is very comfortable to shot and very accurate.  I have a 16" CAR chrome lined which is just about as accurate but a little easier to carry.  I like both but I have short arms and don't need the extra hand guard length.  The mid length gas system might be a tad smoother but you'd have to shoot them side by side to tell.  I think the A4 is the best value for the money.  Its easy and inexpensive to set up the way you like as about any AR.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put together a RRA 16" CAR Mid-Length with chrome-lined barrel.Can't wait to shoot it,but I'm going deer hunting this weekend and would be frowned upon if I brought it along-Muzzleloader-only season!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
My next upper, to put on my Predator Pursuit, will be a middy with a lite free float rail and folding front sight. I only use my PP for ground hogs and long range shooting so I have an extra lower for fun stuff.

I already have one Middy with knurled free float tube and it is stunningly accurate. It has a Wilson SS barrel with 1in8 twist and wylde chamber. My next one will have the same barrel and chamber for sure. This one will end up with a Aimpoint with Larue mount, so I can put a regular scope on it as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
what pros or cons does the r-4 barrel profile on the .223 RRA entry tactical have over the regular barrel on the CAR M4???
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a CAR A4 and love it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Also would i be able to put the hand grip that is on the dpms sass rifle on the .223 rra rifle that im about to buy or one like it???
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Elite CAR A4 midlength and I love it
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
I have the Elite CAR A4 midlength and I love it Hangon,
IMHO: i've fired 5 RRA rifles: 1 x CAR A4, 2 x Elite CAR A4's and 2 x 24" Varmints.  I enjoyed shooting everyone of them - but the Elite CAR A4 has to be my favorite (and my first RRA purchase).

Oh, and you asked why:  Uhm, Varmints are deadly accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.  But they are also more of an investment (my buddy has $1300 Leupold on his Varmint) and wow are they heavy.  Not a "let's go blow some sh_t up at the range for fun gun" to me and definately not great for walking long distances.  But a great long range or test of accuracy gun.

The Elite's i've fired - 1 with an EOTech were just fun.  Short range targets all the way out to 100 yds with the EOTech or iron sights is alot of fun.  They're also more suitable for home defense, tactical shooting competitions and accessorizing (don't tell my wife).

That's my $.02 at least.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
infamousguy,

I would say their NMA2 (which I own) - you can't beat the value for what you get!

Cheers,

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Like fiancees, the best rifle is always the very next one   ... (sorry, but the question doesn't make much sense for a sane answer)

- Ice

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Elite CAR UTE2

It's a great middy carbine. Co-witness a TriPower and your GTG .  

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]
The best RRA rifle is the one  without dremmeled in feedramps, with a factory staked castle nut,a milspec receiver extension, and with the proper rear lug clearance cut in the rear of the lower receiver, so the upper and lower receiver join and seperate properly without having to squeeze the rifle together and smack it apart. That would be the best RRA rifle. Let me know when you find one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
My, my, someone woke up cranky!

I have a 18" Varmint which is seriously accurate and heavy. Took it deer hunting week and did more walking then I planned and by days end I was thinking about having something a few pounds lighter.

I am waiting for on a new NM A4, which is heavier then the Varmint.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Kinda like asking which is the best Wilson golf club....

Once you define exactly or at least pretty much what you would like this rifle to do for you...

Then the best or at least a better version could be suggested

imo
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I really like their midlength 16" design.  I've never had a problem with mine.

However, if I had ONE beef, it would be with the heavy barrel profile.  I'd really have preferred a lightweight (or at least a government) profile on it.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I really like their midlength 16" design.  I've never had a problem with mine.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45499

However, if I had ONE beef, it would be with the heavy barrel profile.  I'd really have preferred a lightweight (or at least a government) profile on it.

beautiful rifle!

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#21]
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/ETriggs/DSCN2058.jpg

Here is mine.  Bone stock with the YHM flip front sight.  Mid-length Elite CAR A4.  I love it!  My father has the Varmint A4 in 24 inch length barrel and loves it too.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

beautiful rifle!

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey i was just wondering which .223 RRA rifle model you guys feel is the best and why

I have 2.....the 16" plain jane carbine and the Predator.  I really like the Predator for it's accuracy but the little carbine is my favorite mainly because of the size.

This is in spite of the "dermmeled lugs"........which don't exist....at least not on my RRAs.  The "commercial tube extension" works just fine for me.  The receivers on both rifles are both tight and just right!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I love their midlengths.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't limit myself to one brand. RRA is a good brand amoung many good brands. With some thought and shopping you could get into a rifle that is more pleasing to you for the same money.  

For example LMT lowers are readily available from several dealers, select the lower with the stock and trigger you want and buy it from the dealer of your choice.  Then choose the barrel profile, forend, and all of that, and shop for it within a number of desirable brands and when you are done, you will have a rifle that you are in love with rather then one you just like.   I have these brands, LMT, Sabre Defense and Armalite.  All chosen on value for what they are, All I am very happy with.  my favorite? The Sabre.   My favorite vendor theses days= NVBgear.com  a board sponsor
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I have two RRA rifles.  One is an entry tactical the other is a Predator Pursuit.  I like them both for the purposes they serve.  All in all I would say I shoot the entry tactical a lot more than the PP.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#27]
foxherb53
What mount did you have to use for the
Tri-Power to make co-witness?
And is that the RRA Dom. sight?  It looks great...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have the RRA CAR A4, chrome lined barrell.
I think this one makes for a good base gun to start modding. I bought this one about 4 months ago and can't quit dumping cash into it.
I'm probably going to upgrade to the LightWeight R4 barrell and sacrifice a little accuracy to creat a lighter more agile feel.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top