Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 9:51:37 AM EDT
I have an upper that is 10 1/2 inches long.  What are my options as far as putting it together wtih a lower?

*Turn it into a pistol (and if so what type of receiver)?

*Can it be turned into a rifle of anykind (meaning with a butt stock)?

*If I get  a receiver that is registered as a pistol can you put a stock on it?

Also I'm trying to figure out who makes this upper.  The only markings that I can find on it are an "FK" on the side of the upper by the rear site.  On the front site located on the side of it is an A (then an R1 with a circle around it) followed by the number 1.  On the other side of the front sight is the letter F.  Would there be more information under the forearm like stamped to the barrel?

Sorry about all the ignorant questions, but thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You can put it on a lower (without a stock) if that lower is marked "pistol" or has been marked on the 4473 as such.

Do not, under any circumstances, mount a lower with a bbl length of less that 16 inches to a lower with a stock.
That is an SBR, which is taxed and regulated - if you make one without paying the tax, ATF will probably come and shoot your dog.
If you want to make an SBR, send a Form 1 off to the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do not, under any circumstances, mount a lower with a bbl length of less that 16 inches to a lower with a stock.
That is an SBR, which is taxed and regulated - if you make one without paying the tax, ATF will probably come and shoot your dog.
If you want to make an SBR, send a Form 1 off to the ATF.

If they shot my dog my wife would probably send them a bonus check. LOL.  Thanks for the clarification.  Any thoughts on what make my upper is?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top