Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:21:16 PM EDT
I had not looked at AR prices since the AWB expired last year. WTF is wrong with companies such as Bushmaster increasing their prices over 200 bucks on the post AWB models? It seems like they are price gouging. What a slap in the face to all of us that helped support the expiration of the ban...ensuring that they would continue to have good business for years to come...then they go and gouge us for 200 bucks over the price that the rifles used to go for? What BS.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks to me like they'd actually gotten cheaper,  You must be looking at some real top of the line stuff or msrp's.  They are always real high.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh well... then i guess you dont get no Bushmaster AR...

The prices on their guns do go up,usually twice a year.
Supply and demand is a big factor in the AR market.
You didnt expect them to get cheaper after the ban i hope.
Personally i think the AR makers are purposely keeping their production down,
knowing it will keep the prices up.  Thats just good business on their part.
They arent here to stroke the AR nutballs that buy their products, they are
there to make money...plain and simple.

The ones that i have seen have been reasonably priced.

THen again, you could always buy a HESSE...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Or you could build your own.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Free market economy + supply and demand.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
everything goes up.
hell gas prices arent what they use to be 10yrs ago either, did you notice that?

the prices have come down since the ban ended imo
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
supply and demand.

"i got the supply, i can demand whatever the fuck i want!"
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Little harsh on our US Marine  and fellow member, aren't we?

MS8541 - I think Bushmaster has substatially increased their manufacturing capacity since both the GWOT, an dthe repeal of the AWB.

the raise in prices has to do with re-couping the costs associated with that expansion, and the increased prices they pay to sub-contractors for parts and services.

It is a fairly hot industry right now, and many are cashing in.

Doesn't mean it will stay this way.

Once the shooting conflicts settle down (Iraq/Afghan theaters), and civilian sales level off, all that manufacuting capacity will create a glut of inventory and prices will fall - maybe a lot.

all that said...........you can get a civilian Bushmaster AR15 M4 A3 for as little as $950 if you look around (maybe less)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
supply and demand.

"i got the supply, i can demand whatever the fuck i want!"

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Building your own AR is always the cure for your money problems. Build it how you want it with the best particular parts for a specific build, carbine, rifle, spr, etc.

As for prices I believe they went down too....imo
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Plus most people who are serious about shooting have moved away from the mini-14 ect.. and are into ARs now.   It just offers so many options.  You can put a target barrel on there and have great varmit rifle.  Change your upper to a different caliber and you have a very powerful short range rifle.(ie .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf)  Put a 16 barrel and and light  with proper ammo and environment you've got a home defense rifle.  It's just so versitle compared to 11 years ago.  With .gov contracts the demand is there, so the price will stay up for a while.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I've seen all the prices in my dealer catalogs go up.  Some more than others.  Some rediculously more than others.  Please remember to be nice to your dealers.  If their prices have not gone up, then that means they (dealers) are making less.

Complete lowers up $25-50.  Complete uppers up $50 -100.  Just since last year.

Those of you (myself included) who are still finding good prices are not new to the AR world.  We know what something is worth and know all the places that are selling decent.  Basiclly, we know all the good fishing holes and what bait to use.  For the average guy, prices have increased quite a bit as far as many components are concerned.

MarineSniper8541 is not saying he is paying full MSRP for his gear.  He is leading to the fact that unless you shop around, you're going to take it in the shorts.  It took me a long time to figure this out.

IMO, for what it's worth, I think Bushmaster is going down the same road as Colt did with their pricing.  Bushmaster is becoming a bit to big for their britches and is beginning to suffer from "Swollen Head Syndrome".  Some companies are choosing to stop carrying the Bushmaster products because they (BM) has become increasingly difficult to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#13]
As a dealer, what I see is pricing from Bushmaster that is consistent with where pricing was before the AWB took place. Prices appear to be up just slightly, but what prices aren't up over the past 11 years? The new post-AWB rifles are perhaps $50-$75 more than the post-94-ban items were, but they also offer more features that would increase the pricing (flash hiders, collapsible stocks, more choices in barrel length), that would increase manufacturing cost. The only line I see taking a substantial hike over the last 11 years is Colt.

From a dealer cost standpoint, the Bushmaster's aren't priced any higher than Armalite or DPMS - maybe a very slight prmium, but in the ballpark, and Bushmaster is offering a very broad line of choices. Maybe the anger is a little misdirected, and the dealer's in your area are increasing prices and blaming the manufacturers?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't shop of the website which one retail around $1,100 go to a dealer or gun show and you can find them for around $950
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top