Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:47:03 AM EDT
Couple of months ago I gought a new Colt  SP1 upper, bolt, & BC from a forum member. Excellent deal, everything fine. Im using a preban SP2 lower, both are large pin. Problem is the SP1 upper won't feed and chamber reliably. Went out again yesterday with both. Ran fifty rounds of my reloads through the SP2 set up, was flawless. (55g fmj military pulled w/surplus 4895)Tried the same rounds/load in the SP1 and either it would not strip rounds off the nagazine completely or the bolt would not lock completely. Have tried different magazines. If I insert round in chamber and release bolt it locks up fine. Tried ten rounds of Winchester SP through the SP2, again, recoil ws a little harder but functioned fine. Tried ten through the SP1 upper, it functioned but not as smoothly as the SP2 upper. Have tried different Colt magazines. Suggestions?  Thanks

Rk
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
it functioned but not as smoothly as the SP2 upper.
Rk

can you elaborate on that a bit?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It just didn't feel right. Not as smooth. But then it could be that its new. The SP2 is like silk. Its a GS model and is an excellent shooter. I'm just wondering if the SP1 upper just has to be shot a lot more to smooth it out. Hell, I don't know.

rk
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top