Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2002 8:07:53 AM EDT
I admit, I'm new to AR's so bear with me. I'm trying to put a GGG style rear sling mount on my rifle and I need to remove the CAR style buttstock to put it in place. I picked up a spanner wrench at the gun show this weekend, but that damn retaining nut is TIGHT!

OR is it?

Is there some miniscule pin that I've overlooked or do I need to just muscle that retaining nut off of there?
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a Colt, if so it might be staked in place. How are you holding the receiver?

A good way in liu of a good vise is to seat or get someone who wont mind to seat on it. Then remove the nut while holding the buffer tube.

As usual YMMV and go steady.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Someone may have given it a dose of loctite and hit the spanner a few times to tighten it up, since they have been known to shoot loose from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If all else fails, break out the BFH.  It's not pinned in place, it just tight or staked (which you should be able to see).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top