Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 7:36:14 PM EDT
I'm wanting to know what the latest word is on the Loki Weapon Systems mil spec uppers [not the billet ones]?

I like what I see in their setups, but am more interested in getting a very good product.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm wanting to know what the latest word is on the Loki Weapon Systems mil spec uppers [not the billet ones]?

I like what I see in their setups, but am more interested in getting a very good product.

They just built a custom 10 inch for me. I have the 16 inch upper also. I can tell you that mine is sub moa at 100 yds and I have had zero malfunctions with 700 rounds so far. Very light recoil and good balance. It is one of my favorite uppers.. The quality is top notch..
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems to me that, because they are so new, there isn't a lot of information on them, either here or on the web.  I have a feeling that they will soon peak a lot more interest, and when that happens, I'm sure they will raise up their prices.  Their current pricing is really good, IMO.  

I was looking to get the upper with the YHM flip up sight mount.  I like the ones with the full length rail [that covers the gas block], but with that model, I would have the extra cost of a flip up front site as well, not just a flip up rear site.  I plan on running a scope on a quick detach rail, but like having backup sites.  

As I said, these guys aren't well known, but I think I will take the risk of going with them.  I like what you have posted about yours, as far as how it runs, and its accuracy.  I hope mine will be equally impressive to me.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone else have a take on this new company?

I like what I see there, but don't want to find myself in a situation where I DON'T like it . . . and then am stuck with an upper that no one wants to buy because it is from a new company.  

What I like about it. . . .

Mid length
Free float rail
1/8 twist [I don't think the 1/7 twist of other options would work as well with my 52gr. or even 60gr. main rounds]
Nitrided barrel.
Price for a complete upper.

Not sure about the Fail Zero BCG though.  Supposed to be run dry, . . . but many say you can't run it dry our you will mess up the parts of the upper, and thus if you lube it, it underminds the purpose of the Fail Zero coating.

What is your opinion?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top