Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:20:28 AM EDT
I ordered my 9mm upper from them like a month ago and I contacted them 2 weeks ago and they told me that my upper was close to being done and they would check to see if they could pick it up that day. So any way it's been a couple weeks and still no sign of my upper. On the sableco answering machine message it says the store is closed  because of an emergency and I just wanted to see if any one knew what was going on?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Over a month ago?  I ordered mine over TWO months ago, they charged my credit card, and still no RRA 9mm.

MG
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Call them again and if you can't get ahold of them, contest the charge on your credit card.  I "accidentally" ordered some ammo from a vendor (still up in the air on this, so I'm not gonna name the vendor YET!, depends on the outcome).  I was trying to see what shipping cost would be (heard there was free shipping on this particular ammo)and went to the "next step" on the web site and got an order #.  I immediately emailed and cancelled the order.  I had correspondance with them twice telling them to cancel the order as I found it somewhere else cheaper (where i did get free shipping), then on the third day they shipped it anyway.  Came to my work address so the guy there signed for it.  I called and they said "no problem, we'll issue a call tag".  I called my credit card and contested the charge just to cover my butt, and sure enough, two weeks later I call them and they say "you'll have to pay for shipping both ways".  Luckily I covered my butt by saving all the email correspondance with them showing that they acknowledged that the order was "cancelled" 3 days before it was shipped, and my money was credited back to my account. You never know, they could declare bankruptcy and you'll never get your money or your weapon.  Cover your butt!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
uuuhh yep,
   My Rock River upper was ordered on 6/10, but they haven't charged my card yet.

I called them last week and they mentioned something about the RRA guys being at Camp Perry, and prior to that RRA was moving their facilities, or something like that.

I'm giving it one more week.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
They charged my card like 3 weeks ago and I am still trying to get a hold of them. Also on their web site it says all sales are final. If I ever get a hold of them I think i'm going to try and cancel my order and get my money back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a RRA parts kit, an ARMS mount for my ACOG and what was supposed to be a one time-one only deal on the Spyderco endura on July 17th. It took one phone call 2 days later to get them to generate the invoice and another 2 days to get the email with the invoice. I waited until August 1st before calling again to check the status as I had an issue with UPS misdelivering a package to a neighbor on vacation. I was told the order was on hold waiting for the Spyderco to arrive from the distributor?! The other parts were in stock. I have checked my credit card statement and so far there is no charge from them. I'd have to say that I will be very reluctant to do business with them again as I think they could have at the least communicated with me a little better. Email REALLY doesnt take that long to do even on a dialup account. I have done business with well over a dozen vendors this years alone and any time I find complacency I tend to not go back to them. I was planning on another RRA project [a 9mm] butwill probably go with someone else even though SableCos prices are pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I recommend Steve at ADCO- he quoted me a great price on the RRA 9mm upper, and although I did not buy it yet, I did buy a lower parts kit on their website and got in w/in 3 days.  Steve was also very quick to respond to email questions.  Another benefit- they email you a tracking number automatically to see where UPS has your shipment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I cancelled my order with SableCO, however nothing has been done to credit the charges on my credit card.  Anyone else have an update with their dealings with SableCO?
MG
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Havent bothered to call in a week or so since the last 2 times they had a message on stating they had an emergency.
Courtney
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I think RRA is way behind in parts supplies for 9mm. I got a barrel 2 weeks ago. It took 7 weeks to recieve from date of order. Maybe their waiting on more parts to complete uppers. I wonder how many companies actually make the 9mm parts such as bolts, extractors, firing pins and such. My guess is 1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I had excellent no b.s. customer service from Steve at ADCO as well on a RRA upper. If he says he has it you'll have it in a matter of days at a fair  price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I got tired of waiting and just e-mailed sableco to cancel my order.

I'm renewing my FFL so once I receive it I'll just use it on other AR upgrades. Or maybe a Beretta Storm

Anybody wanna buy a Hy-Tech mag block and 4 UZI magazines? :D

Joe

BTW: I don't mind waiting, but I DO mind not being kept up to date and I have gotten no responses from my e-mails. Screw 'em
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
As stated in other threads, Donnie is a stand-up guy, read here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=168728[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I recommend Steve at ADCO- he quoted me a great price on the RRA 9mm upper, and although I did not buy it yet, I did buy a lower parts kit on their website and got in w/in 3 days.  Steve was also very quick to respond to email questions.  Another benefit- they email you a tracking number automatically to see where UPS has your shipment.
View Quote

I 2nd the recommendation for ADCO.

Talk to Steve at ADCO...
[url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]

You can't go wrong with [b]RRA[/b] or with [b]ADCO.[/b]

[b]ADCO[/b] is the finest on all levels -- Superior products, great prices, and the best damn customer service anywhere.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top