Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:52:53 AM EDT
Does anyone have an inside scoop on any latest and greatest flashlight technologies that will be released soon from Surefire? I haven't heard much lately and it seems like thier current line of products has been around for a while. I would have to believe that they are working on something cool that I can spend my money on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:45:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 9:45:39 AM EDT by Victor]
"What's in the works over at Surefire??"

HIGHER PRICES!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:45:07 AM EDT
i don't know but i would really like to... I'm sure they are coming out with some very impressive stuff in 2006... can't wait... i really hope they work more with HID's and LED's... and work more on their beam structure and the ability for their LED's to take 4.2~3.6volt li-ions...

someone else know? i'm sure they keep this info in the dark until they release it...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:48:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Victor:

HIGHER PRICES!!

what do you mean by that?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:52:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 11:55:24 AM EDT by Size15s]
There are hints and rumours online if you know where to look.

SureFire have been busy making various flashlights and such for a DARPA project involving SAIC's non-imaging TIR optics and LumiLeds Luxeon LEDs.

The X200A TIR optic, the KL1/L1 TIR optic, the KL3 TIR optic - all released products and guess what, there are bound to be more to come as things evolve.

For example, here are some of the DARPA models (not for release to public),

So it's reasonable to assume that SureFire will release more LED+Optic bezels.

I believe that SureFire will be taking advantage of new and improve LEDs. We've already seen a proto-type at SHOT Show 2005 of a 100W (hundred Watt) LED flashlight and look see this one:

Already the technology is being shrunk and more practical proto-types produced.

I'm sure there will be developments in WeaponLights too...

And of course, SureFire are having some fun with their CNC machine centres:

You can buy this in Asia I believe - it's the L6 Porcupine

They're keeping themselves busy - I'm looking forward to SHOT Show 2006!

Al :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:40:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Victor:

HIGHER PRICES!!

Damnit you stole my answer!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:55:47 PM EDT
The 2006 catalog talks about thier work on HIDs - sounds like some cool toys (if I can afford one). Wow...a 100W LED!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 4:31:10 PM EDT by paltik]
TOP SECRET

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

The Top Executives @ Surefire met last week for an Emergency meeting.
TOPIC: how to beat Brinkman Maxfire prices!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR_Shorty:
The 2006 catalog talks about thier work on HIDs - sounds like some cool toys (if I can afford one). Wow...a 100W LED!!

You've seen the 2006 catalog already?
Usually SureFire rush to get it ready on time...
Care to spill the beams on what else it has to offer?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR_Shorty:

woah... the 2006 catalog is out? where can i get one? thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:01:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Size15s:
There are hints and rumours online if you know where to look.

SureFire have been busy making various flashlights and such for a DARPA project involving SAIC's non-imaging TIR optics and LumiLeds Luxeon LEDs.

The X200A TIR optic, the KL1/L1 TIR optic, the KL3 TIR optic - all released products and guess what, there are bound to be more to come as things evolve.

For example, here are some of the DARPA models (not for release to public),
www.pk-e.com/Shelby/Image1/DEF%201%202%203s.jpg

So it's reasonable to assume that SureFire will release more LED+Optic bezels.

I believe that SureFire will be taking advantage of new and improve LEDs. We've already seen a proto-type at SHOT Show 2005 of a 100W (hundred Watt) LED flashlight and look see this one:
www.pk-e.com/Glow%20Bug/Images1/rickbag6.jpg
Already the technology is being shrunk and more practical proto-types produced.

I'm sure there will be developments in WeaponLights too...

And of course, SureFire are having some fun with their CNC machine centres:
www.pk-e.com/Shelby/Image1/PK-0001.jpg
You can buy this in Asia I believe - it's the L6 Porcupine

They're keeping themselves busy - I'm looking forward to SHOT Show 2006!

Al :)

i've seen that L6 porcupine adn the L2 porcupine before... the L6 is a lot cooler... that light would be so fun just to 'have'...

i really like to see what their going to do with optics... i hope they offer some with good hotspots/throw but that acually have some spill!

Al if you got anymore pics or info we would all greatly apprechiate it! Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:36:54 PM EDT
Surefire is branching out into hearing protection. I got some of their show samples yesterday at the AUSA convention here in Washington, DC. The EP-3 is a cool rubber insert device that plugs into your ear and can controll high decibel sound but allow the user to hear normal low sound. These will also have the capability to be used as eraphones for electronic equipment like IPODS and radios by replacing the small filter device with an electronic device. Details were not provided. The price is $20 and they will come in a standard size and extra large. They also have a device that is a very small hearing aid called the EP-1 that will sell for about $1200. Presently they are in the final development stage. Lastly, I was told by Surefire folks that they are very interested in moving into digital as much as possible and Surefire will continue to do research in this area.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:57:29 PM EDT
I meant 2005...my bad
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:11:44 PM EDT
The photos I've posted you can find on www.pk-e.com
Worth exploring all the galleries if you're interested.

Gone are the days when SureFire was able to be so open about it's R&D :(
Top Top