Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:21:07 PM EDT
By correct pattern I mean

T-numbered Flat top upper

14.5 inch chrome lined barrel with Forged FSB, M4 feedramps in the extension and upper as well as a perm. attached long Flash Suppresor.

KAC RAS with three panels and vertical grip

Carry handle for sights

Forged A-2 lower

Upper and Lower Gunkoted to match for color and added protection.

Trying to get a feel for what a fair market value is as I am considering building the above spec for sale on a regular basis.

IPSC_GUY (plotting once again) sends
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
F front sight base?

Add up the cost of a complete LMT rifle. Thats what I know I would pay, cause thats what I am working on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why?

Why me or why him?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well to put together a Colt would probably run about 15 like that so I'd say 1500ish
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The above Spec is the way my M4 is set up and I have had three people in a week try and buy it off of me.  I am talking to a manufacture of Receivers about making a large enough purchase to get a decent price break. From there it is just a good source of parts. I "figger" that an asking price as laid out above right at $1000.00 to $1050.00 would be doable on my end with a small profit.

Would any of you as say a first time AR buyer or maybe as a second AR purchase spend that much on the above set up?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Would any of you as say a first time AR buyer or maybe as a second AR purchase spend that much on the above set up?

I am looking to purchase my first AR (oh man I typed that already) very soon, and that sounds like a nice deal.  I would be interested if this ends up happening soon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I have what I need to do a first run of five carbines at the moment with two already spoken for. These were my stash of receivers and parts I layed in March when I was convinced the AWB was getting renewed.

I am actually taking a first production rifle over to a Soon to be new FFL holder tomorrow in order for him to take a look at my handy work. If all goes well, we will start building the above gun in volume. He "figgers" that if he moves more guns at a lower price he will do better in the long run. A local gun store is carrying Bushmaster M4s and charging a $1090.00 a piece for them with no rail system or anything. So we want to do it better and less expensively.

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top