Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:00:30 PM EDT
If any one has a tactical light on their AR i'm sure they purchased it because of the amount of light it throws. I'm a service technician and use a small compact size light on a daily basis. I originally purchased a Streamlight Scorpion but soon found out it sucked the juice out of the CR123 batteries. I then opted for the Streamlight Strion, and was amazed at the 12,000 candle power the small 5.3 inch light produced. I purchased the unit complete with the 12 volt auto charger and the 110 volt household charger, yes this unit is rechargable up to 1000 + times. I've had mine for about 8 months and haven't had a minutes trouble out of it. Which brings me to the point. The only thing i think that could be improved is the addition of a curly / stright pressure switch. I've got 4 AR's and wouldn't hesitate a bit to purchase several for tactical lights if a pressure switch was produced. I've emailed Streamlight, and they replied check back next year or so. If anyone is interested in this setup i wish you please email Streamlight with your concerns and maybe this will help put their wheels in motion. If you get a chance to check out one of the units i'm sure you'll be impressed. Thanks for your time...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the light rated for the shock that the recoil will produce?  Most weapon lights are made to withstand being shaken violently.  I'm not sure if this would hold up or not... But then again, I haven't even heard of the light before...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
"Streamlight Strion",

YES..!! i have one, use it every night !! as for mounting on AR-15, i made my own mount, & it works great, the recoil don't seem to bother it, had it for just over a year now, charged 5 times !!

i will drop a note to Streamlight ! thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing i can say about the recoil factor is, i've dropped mine numerous times with it turned on from heights of 4 to 8 feet. To date, knock on wood, i haven't had the first failure, even as far as a broken bulb. I know with the mag lights and mini mag light types, i can't count the times i've dropped them and the bulb would blow. Just going by what i've experienced by using the Strion, i wouldn't think recoil would be a factor. I purchased mine for $79.00 plus shipping and comparing that to buying 2 CR123 batteries a week at $1.98 each,for the Scorpion i had the units more than paid for itself. Thanks for the replies and input.

David
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top