Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 12:14:18 AM EDT
I would like to find that forum that had a couple of Colt LE 6920 with had marks and dents and scrathes out of the box?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]
try here

not sure if Members have access to pages containing Search, but hopefully you can and find it it helpful
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That does help at all. I can't search past 30days and if I don't have it worded exact as it was worded in the post/forum it won't come up/can't find it. Does any one remember how it was worded in the original post/forum???????? Can anyone help me????
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would like to find that forum that had a couple of Colt LE 6920 with had marks and dents and scrathes out of the box?

Your waisting your time.  All Colts can have these cosmetic issues.  It is not limited to 6920s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah mine had a few minor marks. So what? It's not a breakable display piece and it runs like a raped ape.

IMO too many individuals are worried about picky cosmetic issues and not enough about function and training.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish that I knew that Clot looks like Dog Crap before I bought it. I thought that Colt was Top Dog instead of being the crap on the bottom of my shoe. I will find out next week if colt will fix it of trade it for a good one.  Law Enforcement Sales ,Aronld told that Colt would'nt fix for you if you aren't Mil or LEO. I will say it right now and get it out in the open, I wanted a Colt LE 6920 safe queen. I paid too much fracking money to get a AR15 that looks like Crap. If I banged, dented, scratched, it to Crap that will be OK. I dont want to take out of the colt box,plastic bag and see bang marks and dremal marks,scratchs thhe Rec,lower,carrier brass deflecter and the front sight looks like it was dropped on it on the top on one side.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Colt puts their money into making them run not making them pretty.  Put it on the EE.  It won't last long.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#7]
My new out of the box in 92 Bushmaster has a shallow grind mark under the anodizing on the mag catch button side of the lowers amg well...still shoots great.Its a tool not a work of art.Want pretty spend $2000 at les baer or wilson combat.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=260375 there you go Wild Bill. I started that thread maybe a month or so ago.....sort of turned into a Colt vs. Everyone else peeing contest as I recall, but some good photos. Good rifles I'm sure, but the thread discouraged me from buying a 6920. I want function first, but I would prefer the rifle looked good too.......especially at $1300 a pop
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wish that I knew that Clot looks like Dog Crap before I bought it. I thought that Colt was Top Dog instead of being the crap on the bottom of my shoe. I will find out next week if colt will fix it of trade it for a good one.  Law Enforcement Sales ,Aronld told that Colt would'nt fix for you if you aren't Mil or LEO. I will say it right now and get it out in the open, I wanted a Colt LE 6920 safe queen. I paid too much fracking money to get a AR15 that looks like Crap. If I banged, dented, scratched, it to Crap that will be OK. I dont want to take out of the colt box,plastic bag and see bang marks and dremal marks,scratchs thhe Rec,lower,carrier brass deflecter and the front sight looks like it was dropped on it on the top on one side.

Well that is why they market them for professional use, not for the casual collector. Cops and LE agencies want the the Colt LE carbines because they work well, and hold up. they really don't give a crap about cosmetic perfection anymore than they care if their service pistol gets holster wear.

You may be happier with commercial clones.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#10]
That is sad that Colt does'nt care about how their M4'S look and let them leave the factory looking they lost the fight with a big dog in a back street and goot their rearends chewed to crap.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

they will fix it for you even if you are not an LEO. they have done three for me, two of which are being worked on right now. your rifle has a one year warranty on the finish. call and talk to Colt, they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish that I knew that Clot looks like Dog Crap before I bought it. I thought that Colt was Top Dog instead of being the crap on the bottom of my shoe. I will find out next week if colt will fix it of trade it for a good one.  Law Enforcement Sales ,Arnold told that Colt wouldn't fix for you if you aren't Mil or LEO. I will say it right now and get it out in the open, I wanted a Colt LE 6920 safe queen. I paid too much fracking money to get a AR15 that looks like Crap. If I banged, dented, scratched, it to Crap that will be OK. I don't want to take out of the colt box,plastic bag and see bang marks and dremal marks,scratches the Rec,lower,carrier brass deflector and the front sight looks like it was dropped on it on the top on one side.

they will fix it for you even if you are not an LEO. they have done three for me, two of which are being worked on right now. your rifle has a one year warranty on the finish. call and talk to Colt, they will take care of you.

Wildbill......

You're being a bit harsh here aren't you, bro? You get a few marks, and suddenly Colt (or now ""Clot")is analogous to the stuff on the bottom of your shoe?

Come on.

I have personally bought 3 of them, and each has been immaculate. For some random and unlucky reason, you got a squib.

Oh well, you are backed by the strongest warranty in the business, and from one of the largest firearm companies in the US.

They will make it good, I am sure. Blasting Colt here will not resolve it. Remember, it is your safe queen, so take your time, be patient and polite to Ms. Customer Service , Tell her your story. Things will be fine.

I hope you get satisfaction.

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Did you not look at the weapon BEFORE paying for it,when you paid for it
was there someone behind you with a Clot that made you do it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Demusn1979, I bought it from Law Enforcement Sales, TX and had it sent to my FFL 20 miles from me in NC and when I open the box was the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
My Colt upper has some ugly parts, but with M193 it shoots 1 MOA at 100 yards with irons.  You couldn't pay me enough to part with it.  If you want a pretty rifle, buy an RRA.

Also, the Colt finish - at least the older gray stuff I've used - seems a lot more durable than a lot of the other manufaturer's.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#16]
First I have to say I have owned/shot AR type weapons from:

Bushmaster
Armalite
DPMS

They are gone and only the Colt LEO M4 remains. The rifle was made in 98 and there are no tooling marks or cosmetic problems.

"Imitation is the ultimate form of flattery". - Colt..love 'em or hate 'em... If it's not a Colt - it's not..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Are you looking at your guns or shooting them. Like someone said in another thread, when you get a new gun, drop it on gravel right away, and you wont care about how it looks after that.

Beside if you want form and function in a perfect package, get an RRA
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That is sad that Colt does'nt care about how their M4'S look and let them leave the factory looking they lost the fight with a big dog in a back street and goot their rearends chewed to crap.

How about a picture?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#19]
i got a colt 6450 that had the black anodizing missing in several areas.

would have liked to put them there myself but it still didnt bother me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Edited.

Maybe you'd be better off building your own so you can hand select the parts and assemble without cosmetic marks. That way if there is a scratch you can only blame yourself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#21]
You bought something without looking at it, and now you are unhappy?

The lesson to be learned here for everyone is that if you are interested in COSMETIC issues, you should probably look it over for those cosmetic issues before you accept it.

Buyers remorse is a terrible thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
peeing contest as I recall, but some good photos.

I don't remember seeing photos of anyone peeing, but I have seen a lot of photos here of 6920's with tool marks and pre-anodize scratches.   I also noticed that the factory sloppiness started appearing around when they switched rollmarks from "Colt's MFG" to "Colt Defense" if that matters.   Its not a big deal, they still run great.   If you desire the flawless finish, look for an older one.  

WARNING:
If you shoot it, you might get it dirty or scratched!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Stickman, I had no way to check it out online, or to see it close-up. I did found one at a gunshow on 11-14-05 at Fayetteville,NC new for $1,995.00 in the box.I thought the dealer had pre-ban prices. I even ask the guy behind the table are sure that price is right? He said he was LEO and the dealer cost was $1,395.00
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Bill,

After reading all your previous posts in anticipation of this rifle, I feel bad for you that you got one as described.

Can you post a pic?

James  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top