Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:52:25 PM EDT
I have a 20" and a 24" RRA varmint rifles (both 1:8 twist) set for a trip out west this summer. I realize I may be shooting ALOT so I need some good varmint ammo to buy in bulk. I have plenty of FMJ stuff but I'm not sure how it will do on the prarie dogs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about after-effects too much.  But I know that the win. 45 gr. HP's are accurate as hell and relatively inexpensive.  I dropped a fox with one a year back and it didn't even twitch.  Dropped dead on impact...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know about after-effects too much.  But I know that the win. 45 gr. HP's are accurate as hell and relatively inexpensive.  

For store bought varmint rounds, you wont find a better deal.... 1:8 twist Wilson just LOVES these things.  Light for anything really long range, but if you can shoot without a lot of wind, these are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Any type of 223/5.56 will almost explode a PD.

I would buy a few boxxes of diffrent stuff and take it to the range and see what works best out of your gun/guns

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You can find 52gr HP's by Ultramax brand relatively cheap--some report bad experiences.
250rd for about $55
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
That reminds me.... if you can find a good local source for Black Hills 52gr HP, those might be an afforable alternative.

I dont know how they chrony yet.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top