Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2009 2:24:52 PM EDT
What type of accuracy are you getting with your Model1 Sales dedicated .22lr uppers?

I have a 16" upper that I've played around with but haven't scoped and benched it to see what it is really capable of.  I may do so this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking forward to hearing your results. I ordered one 2 weeks ago and now waiting. How long did you wait for yours?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine in Feb and had it in less than 3 weeks.  I've been busy at work and when I go to the range I've been shooting my handguns more than rifles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
5/8" @50yd with good ammo,, 3/4-1" with bulk. 16"HB CAR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Mines a 7 1/2" SBR with an eotech on top....with that setop I can shoot golf balls of the tops off of beer bottles at 50 yards from a kneeling position.  I have yet to actually check it on paper for groups, but I'd say it shoots much better than my old 10/22 with a 3-9X scope on it.  I ussually shoot steel with my and it handles that job just perfect
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Until you actually shoot the upper, you won't know.  I used to have a dedicated .22lr upper that was built w/ the dedicated M1S carbine barrel.  The bolt was made up of a ceiner kit w/ the dedicated collar.

I had originally thought that it would out perform my other drop-in kits in the 1/9 and 1/12 twist barrel.  I was wrong.  I couldn't tell the difference between the dedicated M1S upper (scoped) and my old retro M16 upper w/ the 1/12 twist barrel (irons).  I did notice that the dedicated upper is much more accurate than the drop-in kit in a 1/9 twist barrel.

I think one factor that comes into play is the trigger.  In all of my lowers, I use stock triggers.  These triggers are not conducive for target work - long and hard pull weights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I checked w/Model 1 today and was told of a 20 wk wait. I ended up canceling the order and ordering one from Spikes as they show it in stock. Now to wait.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a heavy barrel  car model 1 sales for almost a year now and using wally world 550 bulk packs, I can hit a squirrel in the nose at 25 yrds with the iron sites and have never had a jam  what so ever and have shot over 13k through it . I matched this upper with a spikes lower that I had laying around, and didn't even change the springs. I have never tried a glass on this which might improve it but at 62 yrs of age I figure I will keep it the way it is.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top