Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/28/2009 1:24:52 PM EST
What type of accuracy are you getting with your Model1 Sales dedicated .22lr uppers?

I have a 16" upper that I've played around with but haven't scoped and benched it to see what it is really capable of. I may do so this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:12:36 PM EST
I'm looking forward to hearing your results. I ordered one 2 weeks ago and now waiting. How long did you wait for yours?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:40:15 PM EST
I ordered mine in Feb and had it in less than 3 weeks. I've been busy at work and when I go to the range I've been shooting my handguns more than rifles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:16:03 PM EST
5/8" @50yd with good ammo,, 3/4-1" with bulk. 16"HB CAR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:21:40 PM EST
Mines a 7 1/2" SBR with an eotech on top....with that setop I can shoot golf balls of the tops off of beer bottles at 50 yards from a kneeling position. I have yet to actually check it on paper for groups, but I'd say it shoots much better than my old 10/22 with a 3-9X scope on it. I ussually shoot steel with my and it handles that job just perfect
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:07:58 PM EST
Until you actually shoot the upper, you won't know. I used to have a dedicated .22lr upper that was built w/ the dedicated M1S carbine barrel. The bolt was made up of a ceiner kit w/ the dedicated collar.

I had originally thought that it would out perform my other drop-in kits in the 1/9 and 1/12 twist barrel. I was wrong. I couldn't tell the difference between the dedicated M1S upper (scoped) and my old retro M16 upper w/ the 1/12 twist barrel (irons). I did notice that the dedicated upper is much more accurate than the drop-in kit in a 1/9 twist barrel.

I think one factor that comes into play is the trigger. In all of my lowers, I use stock triggers. These triggers are not conducive for target work - long and hard pull weights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:49:24 PM EST
I checked w/Model 1 today and was told of a 20 wk wait. I ended up canceling the order and ordering one from Spikes as they show it in stock. Now to wait.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:09:13 PM EST
I have a heavy barrel car model 1 sales for almost a year now and using wally world 550 bulk packs, I can hit a squirrel in the nose at 25 yrds with the iron sites and have never had a jam what so ever and have shot over 13k through it . I matched this upper with a spikes lower that I had laying around, and didn't even change the springs. I have never tried a glass on this which might improve it but at 62 yrs of age I figure I will keep it the way it is.
Top Top