Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:57:19 PM EST
Hello, everyone. I just wanted to ask those who have installed them before, as I have one ordered, but have never played with one before. I am not intimidated by installing, like a lot of others here I built my own AR, have done numerous barrel replacements for other, etc. I just wondered if anything special is neede or if there is anything tricky about it or to watch out for. Thanks in advance for replies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:01:42 PM EST
It has been a couple of years since I installed mine, but I think all you need is an allen wrench. I dont know the size though. And some blue locktite if you care to add some. I usually do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:03:39 PM EST
It's been awhile since I installed mine, but a flat screwdriver and a couple of hex wrenches which IIRC were supplied. That's it. Nothing special needed.

All you have to remove is the handguards.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:20:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 4:21:14 PM EST by Apple_Tech]
Flat head screwdriver and the supplied 1/8" allen. Just follow the install sheet that comes with it and you'll have it on in less than 10min. It's really simple.

Just remember that you need to remove the top allen screw ALL the way out and let the top clamp float so it can catch the barrel nut. If you keep the screw in but unthreaded almost all the way it will not permit it to lock onto the barrel nut. This will be real clear when you get the KAC RAS 2 in hand.

Nothing special about the lower part, just slide the two front tabs into the slots in the upper part and screw down.

hope that helps. Good luck w/ that RAS 2, I have one on my m4 and LOVE it. You will too!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:41:48 PM EST
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting the RAS II in hand and on my M4gery. Now, I'll have everything I need except the ACOG (Oh, God the EXPENSE!!) and the LaRue quick release ACOG mount. If I have understood everything clearly, The ACOG on the LaRue mount should fit perfectly between my ARMS #40 and the hump on the RAS II rail, then I will be set!!! That is, until I find something else for this high gravity wallet-sucking black hole called an AR that I just GOTTA have!! Thanks again for the input everyone.
Top Top