Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:45:12 AM EDT
I am looking to build an AR and wonder what tools I would need.  And where would be the best place to get them.

Thanks

Tim
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link to the Brownells AR-15/M-16 Armorers Kit. Probably not the way you want to go unless money is no object and you only care about one stop shopping. However it is a wonderful representation of the tools available.

To answer you question more directly. It depends on what your planning on doing.

To assemble a lower you can get by with a few punches, hammer and pliers. Plus tape to protect from scratches and dings. Once you start down the road to barreling your own uppers you should at least have a set of receiver blocks.

It's a very good idea to start with the AR-15 Build FAQ. You'll find just about everything you'll need to get a start. I'd also recommend Duff's book on AR assembly.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Bravo Co. At the top of the page!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I used vice grips black tape and a screwdriver, and tweezers for the front detent, i need to get punches to get the roll pins flush.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top