Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 6:48:40 PM EDT
What is everyone going to do with their postban non collapsable stocks and stuff? I recycled my barrel (into a no ban barrel) but I cant do that with my buttstock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Use your non-collapsable butt stock to make a cool lamp.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just hope we never need them again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Mail them to Micheal Moore and tell him to make a movie worth a shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Use them to build cheaper AR's for family & friends or a range blaster.  Letting someone else shoot one of your rifles can be a good start on getting someone else into the sport.

+1  Save em up, at some point you may find out you own an AR(less stripped lower)  and didn't even know it.  If you upgrade enough, you'll be able to throw one together cheap at some point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
What ? ? ? ?  You still should have a 20" field rifle. And it will need a solid stock. I did see a dork once with a  slider on 20 incher ... What a dork.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to be unsympathetic, but part of this country has no idea what "post-ban" means, they will probably enjoy the very good prices that will be offered on this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
[Monte Python] Burn them! [Monte Python]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont know what to do with them, save some as back up parts or  us them as trading goods.

TG
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Although I don't have any of the "post-ban crap", if I did I'd put it up on ebay for 1 penny starting bid with no reserve and let the people who live in the commie states like Kalifornia have a go at it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I am going to sell my post ban stuff, as extremly rare, never to be found again, not being made any more, so it all has to worth a ton of money, right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Just have the barrel threaded. Change out the post if you think you will need to bayonet someone.....
At least get the flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What ? ? ? ?  You still should have a 20" field rifle. And it will need a solid stock. I did see a dork once with a  slider on 20 incher ... What a dork.

That set up seems to be catching on. You get the benefit of an adjustable length of pull and a rifle length barrel. If I did any serious work with mine, I might consider setting one up that way. Heck, I'm thinking about trying it on my Coyote rig. Sometimes it's difficult for me to get a comfortable stock weld in the prone depending on how I'm dressed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna sell my postban fixed stocks for a resonable price to those still in
fucked up states.........I'm also thinking about crossing 2 faux telestocks and making a
plaque for my wall that says: "AWB. Never Again."
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
you can send it all to me.  i will make good use of it.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm also thinking about crossing 2 faux telestocks and making a

Thats the best idea I have heard yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm also thinking about crossing 2 faux telestocks and making a

Thats the best idea I have heard yet.

A plaque complete with decorative Mini-Y Comp brakes spelling out "A-W-B"
and neutered Front Sight Towers all around the plaque as "accents"!

.....Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds awesome... I think I might have to do something along those lines myself...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's the setup on my M16.  It's how I got it.  Are you saying you're willing to call a machine gun owner a dork?  If so, please do so from more than 500 yards away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Remember the boot deal with Peter Jennings over Toby Kieth's "boot in their ass" song?  We shoud take all of the old Fake colapsables shoot em full of holes, paint smiley faces and middle fingers on them and send to DF,CS,SB.... and of coarse BC&HC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Use them to build cheaper AR's for family & friends or a range blaster.  Letting someone else shoot one of your rifles can be a good start on getting someone else into the sport.

Best idea Ive read so far!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If I did that I would not be happy until I got a real collapsable stock... Maybe I will make it into a suicide shifter for my Harley
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd like to send all my post-ban crap to feinswine.  She can shove this fixed tel-stock up her ass, plastic first!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Put that post-ban stuff on the equipment exchange at a FAIR price for all our less fortunate brothers and sisters in states with their own bans that aren't expiring. The stuff is used and not worth a damn to you. It is to them. Why pay full price for post-ban parts to assemble to their post-ban recievers when they can get good used stuff at a hefty discounted price. DON'T BE GREEDY, sell your excess post-ban parts to em for shipping.

We'll hope like hell that the legislatures there will see the light soon after chaos DOESN'T breakout nationwide with the passing of a bad law, nationwide.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Tell it to the Canadians with their C7a2.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I never had a 20" field rifle to begin with...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have a magpul stock on my 18 inch rifle barrel and it looks and handle very well.  Of course, I am still a dork
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Use your non-collapsable butt stock to make a cool lamp.

oooooo.... Great Idea!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll take any postban barrels that anyone wants to get rid of.  I might even take a couple of the buttstocks also, to see if they can be made into noban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Why buy a new barrel unless your old one is worn out or just won't shoot? Any machinist worthy of the name can thread your post-ban barrel for a FH!

Replace your shaved FSB with a GI style if you want. It's not as difficult as it might seem, or have a pro do it for you for a few extra $. Not that anybody really "needs" a bayonet, but it's "the look" and besides, an A2, A4, M4, etc. just doesn't look right without that lug under the barrel.

As far as the non-collapsable collapsable stocks go, it's not too hard to convert your pinned stock to the real thing, at least on most models. There have been several threads on this forum in the past where members have gone into detail explaining how they did the job, photos and all. And it works!

All in all, you really don't have to get rid of much "junk" at all .
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'd like to send all my post-ban crap to feinswine.  She can shove this fixed tel-stock up her ass, plastic first!

I was thinking the very same thing. Put it in a box with a pic of your new "no ban" gun and mail it to Fineswine.  Big +1 on this idea.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I am looking to buy a fixed tactical stock, so if you want to sell one give me an e-mail.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#33]
You guys could just sell some of that stuff to me. I'm still stuck with an AWB.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#34]
We should mail it all of it  to our favorite libs.  Fine-swine,Ted Kennedy and John "Lurch" Kerry.

Hey DM1975 how is your leg doing?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe they can add another section to the EE for a little while for post ban stuff so we could sell it to others in banned states for cheap. Kindof like a PCS sale
The foot is doing fine also, been off crutches for two weeks now and getting back to PTing... sucks, I haven't ran in over a month...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Maybe they can add another section to the EE for a little while for post ban stuff so we could sell it to others in banned states for cheap. Kindof like a PCS sale

Someone had the same idea. Listed his under the heading of "Pre-ban for states w/o Sunset" in the "FOR SALE - Firearm Related" section under "AR15 Complete Firearms & Lower Receivers"
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I'm planning to just keep shooting mine.

I hope everyone remembers to write or at least e-mail the President and Vice President, their Senators, Representatives, and both house majority leaders.  They need to know that we thank them for allowing the useless, so-called "Assualt Weapons Ban" to sunset.
We need to be gracious in victory.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Im keepen mine its my first born.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

ummm....

I know a few "Dorks" in the USMC  don't agree..

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, since buttstocks are the better part of $50, I won't be letting mine go anytime soon.  I don't feel it neccesary to have collapsible stocks on all my ARs.  I already have a couple collapsibles, but I like shooting the standard stocks just fine.

Now as far as those silly pinned stocks go, I never saw the point so I don't have any of those abominations.  If I did, I'd probably send it off to Feinswine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I could use 4 of them if anyone wants to donate, I will make a card table.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Ya know..

Now that I look around.

I don't have a single post-ban item.

Humm. Weird.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ummm....

I know a few "Dorks" in the USMC  don't agree..

I never understood why some people think that a longer barrel negates the need for an adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
What ? ? ? ? You still should have a 20" field rifle. And it will need a solid stock. I did see a dork once with a slider on 20 incher ... What a dork.

My Rangers who were body armor and PFDs (Life Jackets) love their Dorky collapsible stocks on their Dorky 20" A2s. I wouldn't call them Dorks though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I could use 4 of them if anyone wants to donate, I will make a card table.hr

Ya know I think thats the best idea I've heard yet I might do that myself.
thanks for the idea
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#46]
You mean there are people out there who actually obeyed this law?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#47]
I imagine Gary at J&T will just throw it in the trash when he finished takeing it off.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top