Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:24:29 AM EDT
Ok I started assembling my upper today and I may have gotten a little carried away and over tightened the barrel nut. So I go to back the nut off and start again and I can't get it off to save my life. Well I look at it to try and get the wrench on there good and I notice some of the teeth are worn pretty well. This is a used barrel and nut assembly so I know I should have taken a better look at it before instaling but I am sure some of the wear is from me trying to remove the nut also. So what I am trying to figure out is what should I do to get the nut off to either start over or replace with a new one, dremel, heat, or other options? I did grease the threads before I started and it threaded on well I just got carried away and put a little too much into it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:28:54 AM EDT
Use a cheater bar.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:50 AM EDT
I was thinking about trying something like that but the wrench keeps slipping.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:28:18 AM EDT
From another forum:

Use bolt cutter to cut off delta ring and springs.

Use pipe wrench on barrel nut

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7463
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:26:56 PM EDT
Got it! Well my dad and I did. Got it to line up almost perfect with the gas tube notch on the barrel nut but it isn't perfect. Is it normal to "bend" or manipulate the gas tube a little to get it in the carrier? It goes through all the opening's fine it is just a little crooked where the carrier key would line up with it.
Top Top