Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 5:10:07 AM EDT
Hey guys! My first post! I'm new in the forums and quite new to ARs, having only handled them during my ROTC. Hehe.

I'm here to ask what parts should a buyer look at or check in a used/2nd hand AR15? Any specific parts to check or signs to look for if its too worn our or good to go?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
a very cheap price, usually you can't tell where some of the parts came from cause they are unmarked.

search around and learn the basic characteristics of an ar before you go jumping off and buying stuff or buy new.  there have been a great deal of "what did i just buy" threads and usually dont turn out good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Are there any other signs to look for? Like check the barrel for pitting, etc, etc? What are the things to look for? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
This question was asked not to long ago and I answered at length, too bad I can’t search back for that post. But after giving it some thought I’m thinking that if you down loaded the Army operators manual TM 9-1005-319-10 and/or the Unit And Direct Support Maintenance Manual
TM 9-1005-319-23 and became familiar with the PMCS schedule (Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services) for the M16/M4, that would make a good guide to follow when purchasing a used AR.

Manuals & Downloads
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top