[#2]
I'm A dumb ass.
I can see it now.
M-4-geries.
I feel so silly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
M4geri, M4geries, M16A4geries etc.

Are usually non class 3 variations of the M4 and M16a4 as issued to the Military/LE user.

The "tolerances" allowed here vary from user to user, but the definition above is generally how the terma are used.

M4's have 14.5' barrels tto short w/o NFA paperwork, so most perm. affix a FS or Brake to reach the legally required 16"
M4's have extended ramp feed cuts in the upper receiver, most civvie AR's don't
True M4's as issued are identified w/ an M4 desgnator on the upper itself, most here aren't marked that way
M4's have addresses T#'s or "Toprail" "s on the uppers, most here don't etc. etc.

M16A4's are simply 20" flattops, w/ a KAC M5 RAS and a trijicon 4x32
Some will use M16A4gery to define any 20" flattop that wears any forearm, and/or ACOG/scope.

The terms are loosely used, but tend to speed up communication here, because they put the reader, at least in the ballpark, af what's being asked/discussed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Heh. M-faux.  that's a good one.  Are we allowed to use the term?  Not copywrited yet?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top